+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans Advisory Board update

Fans Advisory Board update

Re: Fans Advisory Board update

Lots to chew over in there.

The club seem somewhat standoffish about having a Whitts statue based off those minutes, which is odd.

I also look forward the car crash that will be our 'historical' 125th anniversary crest.

Some good and honest answers from the Club.

I’ve not seen any interaction from the fans advisory board. No doubt Jamie Anderson is a huge fan but does seem more interested in having family pictures with the team than being an intermediary. I don’t know him nor do I have anything against him.

I don’t understand why all this doesn’t go via the Trust only but that’s just me.

Lots to think about. Very good news that new training ground about to be signed off
    Still uneasy about chain of command and lack of decision makers at club.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I’ve not seen any interaction from the fans advisory board. No doubt Jamie Anderson is a huge fan but does seem more interested in having family pictures with the team than being an intermediary. I don’t know him nor do I have anything against him.

I don’t understand why all this doesn’t go via the Trust only but that’s just me.
    The Trust has been heavily involved in the creation of the Fans Advisory Board through the Fans Led Review report, then the Government White Paper and recently the Football Governance Bill which has just had its second reading in the House of Commons. Those documents are leading to the appointment of an Independent Regulator of football (as Parliament has run out of patience with the football authorities to control itself). Also there will be a legal requirement for clubs to have full and proper consultation with their fans on strategic issues via a FAB or similar.

The Trust has two representatives on the FAB and we will continue to ensure that the club continues to comply with its obligations under the Bill. However, as a FAB member I am covered by a Confidentiality Agreement and so won`t be commenting separately on the FAB issued minutes. I can confirm, however, that they are an accurate record of the meeting.

Alongside the FAB , the Trust will continue to represent fans on corporate government issues such as the legal cases against Nantes and Willie McKay and continue to raise issues with the club`s directors on behalf of its members and the wider fan base.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    The Trust has been heavily involved in the creation of the Fans Advisory Board through the Fans Led Review report, then the Government White Paper and recently the Football Governance Bill which has just had its second reading in the House of Commons. Those documents are leading to the appointment of an Independent Regulator of football (as Parliament has run out of patience with the football authorities to control itself). Also there will be a legal requirement for clubs to have full and proper consultation with their fans on strategic issues via a FAB or similar.

The Trust has two representatives on the FAB and we will continue to ensure that the club continues to comply with its obligations under the Bill. However, as a FAB member I am covered by a Confidentiality Agreement and so won`t be commenting separately on the FAB issued minutes. I can confirm, however, that they are an accurate record of the meeting.

Alongside the FAB , the Trust will continue to represent fans on corporate government issues such as the legal cases against Nantes and Willie McKay and continue to raise issues with the club`s directors on behalf of its members and the wider fan base.

Keith
    What’s the latest news on season ticket sales, any updates on the 10,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    The club seem somewhat standoffish about having a Whitts statue based off those minutes, which is odd.

I also look forward the car crash that will be our 'historical' 125th anniversary crest.
    Yeah that seems strange, the reasonings for being against also seem to be directly contradicted by others in attendance

Unless I’m reading it wrong it seems Borley has spoken to the family and doesn’t seem to think it’s something they would want? If so then that’s it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Now closer to 11,000.

I suspect it will be a quieter build up now unless and until there is good news on the manager appointment matter

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Unless I’m reading it wrong it seems Borley has spoken to the family and doesn’t seem to think it’s something they would want? If so then that’s it for me.
    As said above though, two others on the FAB suggest that they've also spoken to them and it is something they would want. Someone's telling porkies I guess.

Although most of the answers can be summed up as "it's up to my boss, Vincent Tan", I still enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting

Is the proposed site of the museum public knowledge? I would assume its somewhere at/near the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If you get marketing emails from the club advertising season tickets etc, they're putting the sold numbers in them(for now). The one I had yesterday said 10,500+.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

Won’t open for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Now closer to 11,000.

I suspect it will be a quieter build up now unless and until there is good news on the manager appointment matter
    Good news being Bulut reappointed or the appointment of an experienced Championship manger or prefers an attacking attractive style of football?

Interesting article......I see Compass mentioned there a few times re catering.......hope the club checked out their (terrible) reviews.....

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I thought the answers relating to Corporate Governance were unconvincing. There is no doubt that, in the context of an owner with absolute power who appears not to like having his judgement questioned, proper Corporate Governance is unlikely.

No 3 relating to the Directors - Messrs Dalman, Choo and Borley are well known to us but the Club appear to be unwilling to provide a "brief snapshot" of the Malaysian Directors Caramella and Chin. Who are they ? What do they bring to the table ? Have they ever been to a game ? When an Independent Regulator is appointed and gets his feet under the table it is likely that Cardiff City will be getting a visit as we figured very prominently in the Fan Led Review of Football. I doubt whether he would be convinced by the statement "The Club Directors are known". I'm not

In terms of the statue, the proposal to rename the Family Stand after Peter Whittingham got nowhere so perhaps it is not surprising the statue idea has a similar fate. Mind you, the proposal as to whether there should be a statue of Whitts in front of other Cardiff City legends is a thread in itself

As said above though, two others on the FAB suggest that they've also spoken to them and it is something they would want. Someone's telling porkies I guess.
    I think conversations with the family as fans might be different to conversations behind closed doors with the club.

It sounds like Steve Borley is leading the dialect between club and Whitts family; and I'd trust him impeccably around something like this. Whether it be a statue of some description or renaming a stand etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I thought the answers relating to Corporate Governance were unconvincing. There is no doubt that, in the context of an owner with absolute power who appears not to like having his judgement questioned, proper Corporate Governance is unlikely.

No 3 relating to the Directors - Messrs Dalman, Choo and Borley are well known to us but the Club appear to be unwilling to provide a "brief snapshot" of the Malaysian Directors Caramella and Chin. Who are they ? What do they bring to the table ? Have they ever been to a game ? When an Independent Regulator is appointed and gets his feet under the table it is likely that Cardiff City will be getting a visit as we figured very prominently in the Fan Led Review of Football. I doubt whether he would be convinced by the statement "The Club Directors are known". I'm not

In terms of the statue, the proposal to rename the Family Stand after Peter Whittingham got nowhere so perhaps it is not surprising the statue idea has a similar fate. Mind you, the proposal as to whether there should be a statue of Whitts in front of other Cardiff City legends is a thread in itself
    To be fair the club have provided details of the directors when they have been appointed. Caramella is a Cardiff born and bred entrepreneur with business interests in Malaysia, while Chin is a Malaysian UK educated lawyer and barrister who was appointed head of legal at Berjaya Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I think conversations with the family as fans might be different to conversations behind closed doors with the club.

It sounds like Steve Borley is leading the dialect between club and Whitts family; and I'd trust him impeccably around something like this. Whether it be a statue of some description or renaming a stand etc.
    Yes , very delicate situation and Steve Borley will do the right thing in consultation with the family

I’ve seen a few mentions of a 125th anniversary badge online and apparently there’s pictures of it on Twitter. Anyone got a link? Can’t find it.

The badge hasn't been released yet from what I can gather Kev.

The biggest takeaway from reading the notes are the club is still run like a dictatorship and those staff members on the ground, have zero power to do anything. All seems very toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    To be fair the club have provided details of the directors when they have been appointed. Caramella is a Cardiff born and bred entrepreneur with business interests in Malaysia, while Chin is a Malaysian UK educated lawyer and barrister who was appointed head of legal at Berjaya Corp.
    Well, It's not enough and the response to the FAB question seems inadequate. The White Paper says that the independent Regulator will operate a licensing system whereby all clubs in the top 5 tiers of English Football will need a licence to operate. One of the conditions for the licence is that the club is run by "Fit and Proper Custodians" There is no doubt that the owner and Board Members that we know about would pass that test as their involvement in running the Club is quite clear. Saying that the 2 Directors in question are "known" is not an answer to the question. The fact that they are both businessmen in Malaysia as you have pointed out does not spell out their roles on the Board of Directors. Part of the Fitness and Propriety test is assessing the competence of Directors and if their roles in the Club is not spelled out how can their competence be assessed by a Regulator. Now, I am sure that the 2 Directors in question are capable people and appointed to the Board for very good reasons so why not say so rather than giving the FAB the brush off?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Well, It's not enough and the response to the FAB question seems inadequate. The White Paper says that the independent Regulator will operate a licensing system whereby all clubs in the top 5 tiers of English Football will need a licence to operate. One of the conditions for the licence is that the club is run by "Fit and Proper Custodians" There is no doubt that the owner and Board Members that we know about would pass that test as their involvement in running the Club is quite clear. Saying that the 2 Directors in question are "known" is not an answer to the question. The fact that they are both businessmen in Malaysia as you have pointed out does not spell out their roles on the Board of Directors. Part of the Fitness and Propriety test is assessing the competence of Directors and if their roles in the Club is not spelled out how can their competence be assessed by a Regulator. Now, I am sure that the 2 Directors in question are capable people and appointed to the Board for very good reasons so why not say so rather than giving the FAB the brush off?
    I can understand the Board feeling their patience is "tested" somewhat when fans bang on about stuff that's already been mentioned to them but they have either forgotten or chosen to ignore. I'm sure that applies to a range of matters from what individuals bring to the Board itself, the composition of the Board and the senior management, and how the Board operates.
    When the Regulator is established I doubt anyone will see the sort of details you seem to seek, other than being told they have passed the Regulator's conditions to be a member of the Board - just like any other regulated industry in the UK.