+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnley relegated, Luton as good as down

Re: Burnley relegated, Luton as good as down

No recognition in that article for the very widely held view that the 22/23 Championship was the weakest in some time. Sheffield United may have sold some of their best players, but they were one of the weakest teams to have gained automatic promotion in recent years even with Doyle, Ndiaye and Berge in their side. I thought Burnley would have made a better fist of the Premier League, but their relegation hasn't come as a too big a surprise - I thought they would have ended up with around the same number of points as we did in 18/19.

If we're seeing similar types of articles again this time next year, then I think you would have to accept the premise behind it being true, but, even now, I think there's a good chance that two of this season's promoted teams will stay up unless Leicester end up with a big points deduction.

I thought Burnley might have stayed up but they and Kompany proved to be too naive to survive by repeating the same mistakes week after week and not doing anything to prevent them