+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fitted Kitchen

Fitted Kitchen

I'm in the market for a new kitchen, where is the best place to get one from these days? Will require fitting also.

Re: Fitted Kitchen

I have always used Wickes's stuff. I have fitted four of these in the past. Not the cheapo end or the top of the range end, but the mid-range. Good solid units with decent soft close hinges and solid drawers - not the hardboard base variety!

Wait until they are on special offer though, which they do from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have always used Wickes's stuff. I have fitted four of these in the past. Not the cheapo end or the top of the range end, but the mid-range. Good solid units with decent soft close hinges and solid drawers - not the hardboard base variety!

Wait until they are on special offer though, which they do from time to time.
    Cheers, Wickes are on my list anyway, good to hear your experience with them.

Howdens

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Howdens
    You need an account with them to buy from them.

Just had a quick look at the Wickes kitchen website. Seems there are now just two ranges - basic, aka Lifestyle (up to £4K) and top range, aka Bespoke kitchens (from £4K up). There is 50% off some units and I see they also do interest free credit which might be of interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Just had a quick look at the Wickes kitchen website. Seems there are now just two ranges - basic, aka Lifestyle (up to £4K) and top range, aka Bespoke kitchens (from £4K up). There is 50% off some units and I see they also do interest free credit which might be of interest to you.
    Wow, cheers, that sounds good. It's only a small kitchen though, so hope they don't insist on a minimum spend. Do they come to measure up or is that down to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Wow, cheers, that sounds good. It's only a small kitchen though, so hope they don't insist on a minimum spend. Do they come to measure up or is that down to you?
    In my old gaff I had a kitchen through Howdens , I’d go with them out of what’s been mentioned. I wouldn’t touch IKEA as their sizes are not usually standard fit.

Howdens will digitally design your kitchen to fit your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    In my old gaff I had a kitchen through Howdens , I’d go with them out of what’s been mentioned. I wouldn’t touch IKEA as their sizes are not usually standard fit.

Howdens will digitally design your kitchen to fit your requirements.
    Thanks but you need an account with them to buy from them. You can only get an account if you're in the trade.

Thanks but you need an account with them to buy from them. You can only get an account if you're in the trade.
    My builder used his trade account and we paid him cash when we used howdens.

My wife has also been advised Wren are decent enough from her few of her friends who have had work undertaken.

Good luck anyway.

You need an account with them to buy from them.
    Use a decent chippy that has one? They get better prices for you then too

Don't know as I always do my own measurements. Worth checking that with them then.