+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales Online batting for Bulut again.

Re: Wales Online batting for Bulut again.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The away game, ironically, at the other automatically promoted club was a game we could have won. The missed one on one when the scores were level was shocking. Leicester’s late, late winner was a real kick in the teeth.
    I thought we had a twenty minute or so spell at Leicester in the second half when we were the better team, but we were lucky to be level at half time really and I reckon Leicester just about deserved the three points.

After posting that message, I did come up with the Blackburn away when Bobby Madley was up to his usual tricks as a match we didn’t deserve to lose and let’s give them the Leicester game, so that’s three out of twenty two - I don’t think any of our ten home defeats weren’t deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Both Ipswich away and Leicester away were in our first 5 games of the season, at the time when we seemed to have a bit more about us and were more interested in attacking. That soon changed didn't it.
    And we were 2 0 up at leeds remember.

Werent our first 3 away games leeds leicester and ipswich?!

Look how season turned out for those 3. Ok we only got 1 point from the 9 available v them but could have been all 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Both Ipswich away and Leicester away were in our first 5 games of the season, at the time when we seemed to have a bit more about us and were more interested in attacking. That soon changed didn't it.
    It seems fanciful to suggest, but it was if Bulut hadn't yet had a chance to get the team playing his way. Almost as if the side was playing off the cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It seems fanciful to suggest, but it was if Bulut hadn't yet had a chance to get the team playing his way. Almost as if the side was playing off the cuff.
    Don’t forget, he took Tanner off at half time at Ipswich when we were playing far better than we would do in most matches after October, he also dropped Alnwick for that game and his substitutions made us worse.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don’t forget, he took Tanner off at half time at Ipswich when we were playing far better than we would do in most matches after October, he also dropped Alnwick for that game and his substitutions made us worse.
    Correct. There's part of that says someone who has been involved in professional football all his life must know what he's doing. The other part of me thinks he's totally clueless !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Correct. There's part of me that says someone who has been involved in professional football all his life must know what he's doing. The other part of me thinks he's totally clueless !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Correct. There's part of me that says someone who has been involved in professional football all his life must know what he's doing. The other part of me thinks he's totally clueless !
    there is a big difference between people who are good at acting out orders and people who know how to give them.

BBC Wales at it again too.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c51ny1n7x2eo
    I listened to Earnie's interview. They spent most of it talking about the premier league then squeezed in a little bit about Cardiff at the end. He seemed mostly concerned about the timing of things and the apparent lack of planning. Yes, he did say Bulut should stay, but the logical headline would be Earnshaw Fears For Cardiff's Lack of Planning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not having a go at you here, but this bollocks about Bulut not being able to get the players he wanted really makes me laugh. After all, wouldn’t all Championship managers like to be able to spend more money and bring in better players if they could? What makes Bulut so special in that regard? And what evidence is there to suggest he’d bring in genuinely decent players if he did have more to spend?

This is the Championship and he took a job at a mid-ranking club that loses millions every year. Like most managers in this division he was never going to have much money to spend. And if he was banking on signing Kieffer bloody Moore, then more fool him.

One thing’s for sure, he had a bigger playing budget here than he did at any of the minor Turkish clubs he’s managed. As for Fenerbache, I’ve no idea what he was able to spend as manager there, but whatever it was it didn’t do him much good as he was given the boot after eight months.
    Not really the point, of course they do. But if as reported and as from what I remember from Bulut and Dalmans comments Bulut made preparations for January and the budget was slashed early January and new targets had to be made, but at the end of the day that’s his job to find new players. I’m just not sure he chose those players in January, just a gut instinct. I don’t think that’s the same scenario as “just not getting what he wants”. But like I said it’s his job to get the best out of what he has and mould them into a team, that for me is where he fails.

No idea what he spent elsewhere.