+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 227 of 229 FirstFirst ... 127177217218219220221222223224225226227228229 LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 5707

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Tempted fate. 4 late wickets for 60 runs in last 18 overs. Undid a very good day. From 130 behind to 130 in front. From out of it to nearly in it. For me simply not enough. But it would give me huge pleasure if it was. But gutsy day after disastrous day 1.
    Yeah good effort to take it to the last day but still expect it to finish early afternoon tomorrow. Unfortunately no rain tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah good effort to take it to the last day but still expect it to finish early afternoon tomorrow. Unfortunately no rain tomorrow!
    We’ve only but 300 on the board twice in the first innings this season. Often playing catch up to stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We’ve only but 300 on the board twice in the first innings this season. Often playing catch up to stay in the game.
    Think the toss has been very important in the last two matches held in Cardiff. Thankfully, after a year of dead, flat Sophia Gardens wickets which tended to make draws inevitable, the wicket against Sussex and, in all likelihood, the one against Middlesex are going to produce a definite result - if this trend continues, it’s inevitable that Glamorgan will lose out at times.

This might be a stupid question with an obvious answer, but can anyone explain why batting and bowling points are only awarded for each side's first innings (as opposed to both)?

114-4 all of a sudden chasing 213 all of a sudden.

Regarding bonus points, I think it’s something to do with the fact that there are plenty of games where both sides don’t get to have a second innings, whereas, unless there’s rain about, both teams always have a first innings.

Momentum seems to be with Glammy at tea, but still an uphill struggle.

6 down, 55 left. C'mon glammy!

Jesus Christ! That googly turned round a corner. Would have been damn tough to keep out of it was one of 6 offies. Absolutely no chance whatsoever when you're expecting a leg spinner

Interesting to hear nick Webb say he's never seen a 4 day pitch like this at Glamorgan. I thought this what our pitches used to be like. Thinking back to the croft/cosker spin twin days. Maybe it was just more slow in the past than a sharp turner

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Jesus Christ! That googly turned round a corner. Would have been damn tough to keep out of it was one of 6 offies. Absolutely no chance whatsoever when you're expecting a leg spinner

Interesting to hear nick Webb say he's never seen a 4 day pitch like this at Glamorgan. I thought this what our pitches used to be like. Thinking back to the croft/cosker spin twin days. Maybe it was just more slow in the past than a sharp turner
    Phil Tufnell spun us out 30 years ago on such a wicket in the game where Adrian Dale and Viv Richards both got 200.

gutted to lose that but the bowling attack was always going to struggle and why leave the main man out.

Gutted. When crane was last man out before lunch I thought to myself can he bowl a team out on last day in last innings. Classic leggie scenario. So nearly did. Bad luck glammy. After looking definite losers for 3 and a half days, for an hour they looked likely winners. Only to lose it narrowly at the end. Helm is a git. Always seems to turn up against us. Always ball, and now bat. What a difference in the table a win would have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    gutted to lose that but the bowling attack was always going to struggle and why leave the main man out.
    It was a great game of cricket, disappointing but also encouraging because we were out of that game and even became favourites with an hour to go.
    And even more disappointing because it was bloody Middlesex.

Not sure why Northeast took out the second slip for Crane - there was a pretty easy catch to second slip with twenty to get and that was the game changer for me. Still, Glamorgan made a great. Fight of it and you can’t really say the result would have been different if Hamza had played, because it was Ingram and Labuschagne who gave us a chance.

Thought Crane did so well to put us in that position. But then when he had put the game in his hand, he then spaffed it away with some really loose bowling at helm and Davies. Not sure if he was getting tired, would have been nice to have seen Marnus and Carlson have a go with that spinning pitch

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Thought Crane did so well to put us in that position. But then when he had put the game in his hand, he then spaffed it away with some really loose bowling at helm and Davies. Not sure if he was getting tired, would have been nice to have seen Marnus and Carlson have a go with that spinning pitch
    I'd thought the same. Harris frankly didn't do a lot. It sucks losing!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I'd thought the same. Harris frankly didn't do a lot. It sucks losing!
    What Harris did do is bowl really quick if the speed gun is to be believed. In the Sussex game, everyone was raving about how Seales had been genuinely quick for them, but Harris was recording speeds of up to 88 mph against Middlesex compared to Seales who was around the 83/84 mph mark. As I said, I’m not convinced that the speed gun for the Middlesex game can be relied upon, but, even if there was something wrong with it, Harris was still, apparently, bowling a fair bit quicker than anyone else. The common view among cricket pundits is that Harris’ bowling never recovered from the England selectors decision to tell him he needed to bowl quicker to get into the test team, but, if this season’s speed guns are to be believed, he has found the pace that would once have won him an England cap very late in his career.

Totally agree with Paul about Northeast taking out the second slip. No idea why he did that. There was that edge that Ingram couldn't reach which would have been a dolly for second slip. He did put a second slip back in again but it was too late.
    A really gutsy fightback but only two points from the game is going to hurt.

Glamorgan’s final four day game in this portion of the season begins today at Leicestershire with top scorer in the country Colin Ingram the overseas player to miss out this time. Good to see Tim Van Dar Gugten named in the squad for the first time this season, but if the last game at Grace Road, where Gloucestershire scored over 700, is anything to go by it will be hard to get a positive result with showers forecast for Sunday and Monday.

Keeping an eye on the Surrey game as I've got a bit of dough on Rory burns. Surprised to see Michael Neser in the Hampshire side. I'd thought he was just playing the t20s for them . He's a big miss for us this year

Glamorgan 90-1 after being put in on a pitch that was almost as green as the outfield.

Collapsing from a strong position. Need a big evening session now

314-7 - if you go by the look of the wicket, it’s a great score, but the ball’s not been doing a great deal when I’ve been watching.

352-8 at the close,that can’t be a bad score after being put in to bat.

Grace Rd is now called The Uptonsteel County Ground. I know sponsorship keeps the ship sailing on but I despair on occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Grace Rd is now called The Uptonsteel County Ground. I know sponsorship keeps the ship sailing on but I despair on occasions.
    But it will always be Grace Road to cricket lovers.

That corporate nonsense doesn't really matter, except the club gets money from it.

Sophia Gardens is still Sophia Gardens, though it was Swalec. The Cardiff City Stadium is a good name for us. But if calling it something ridiculous for a lot of money by some deluded company should happen, I wouldn't be too bothered.

WG Grace is a rather more substantial historical entity than Uptonsteel, I feel......