+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Ticket ID

Season Ticket ID

Sorry if posted already, but what is the 'reasoning' behind the requirement to have photo ID on ST's from next season.

Re: Season Ticket ID

Terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Sorry if posted already, but what is the 'reasoning' behind the requirement to have photo ID on ST's from next season.
    £15 bunce

It’s another Wayne Nash ‘classic’, all part of his master plan to piss fans off. I’m not aware of any other club implementing this?

I have renewed but they didn't ask for photos - does this come later or have I missed it??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I have renewed but they didn't ask for photos - does this come later or have I missed it??
    You’ve most probably got a digital ticket on your phone, £5

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You’ve most probably got a digital ticket on your phone, £5
    Thanks but I paid the additional £15 for the tickets so assume I'm getting cards again as normal ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Thanks but I paid the additional £15 for the tickets so assume I'm getting cards again as normal ??
    How did you book it ?

You’ve got to submit a photograph

New Season Ticket Card: If you have selected this method of delivery, please ensure you submit both a copy of your valid photo ID along with a recent colour photo of yourself. This will be uploaded to your record and a new season ticket photo card will be issued in time for the start of the 24/25 season.Valid photo ID, along with your recent colour photo can be submitted via tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk or alternatively can be handed in to the tickets office (subject to opening hours), or sent via post. Please ensure you list both name and Fan ID when submitting your details.

E mail sent to me after renewing.

We had photos years ago on ST's so it is not new..

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    New Season Ticket Card: If you have selected this method of delivery, please ensure you submit both a copy of your valid photo ID along with a recent colour photo of yourself. This will be uploaded to your record and a new season ticket photo card will be issued in time for the start of the 24/25 season.Valid photo ID, along with your recent colour photo can be submitted via tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk or alternatively can be handed in to the tickets office (subject to opening hours), or sent via post. Please ensure you list both name and Fan ID when submitting your details.

But they were not £15

They charged me an additional £15! I paid £229 + £15 ! Everybody has unless they opted for phone tickets which was £5 extra I believe.

You have to submit the info as detailed in my post.

Please do not shoot the messenger

Or is you complaint the £15 charge - if so I AGREE!

There is no reason for it.

They do it because they are control freaks and most likely want to tap into the ticket sharing game, so instead of you lending a season ticket to a mate for a match ticket price, or a tenner, or a pint, or because you are just nice, they can probably try and get you to sell it back to the club.

Just unnecessary, like many things like this. Getting food in the ground is now far slower and far more expensive than it used to be. Hardly progress.

I know it's slower because for years I'd get a pint at half time. I very very rarely do now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There is no reason for it.

They do it because they are control freaks and most likely want to tap into the ticket sharing game, so instead of you lending a season ticket to a mate for a match ticket price, or a tenner, or a pint, or because you are just nice, they can probably try and get you to sell it back to the club.

Just unnecessary, like many things like this. Getting food in the ground is now far slower and far more expensive than it used to be. Hardly progress.

I know it's slower because for years I'd get a pint at half time. I very very rarely do now
    They would have to 'inspect' every ST to identify ticket sharing. It's complete b******s. I'm frisked every home game but never at an away ground. As you say, control freaks..

I read somewhere it's an aim to encourage people to use the digital card, making the physical card a "premium" option. I think some clubs have done away with physical cards altogether.

I'm not sure if that reasoning is for the cost, the photo or both but I am glad they didn't say it was for the environment as I could have used my previous one happily.

I've got my son one for this season, he and my dad actually won't have photo id, i'm assuming for them just the photo is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I read somewhere it's an aim to encourage people to use the digital card, making the physical card a "premium" option. I think some clubs have done away with physical cards altogether.

I'm not sure if that reasoning is for the cost, the photo or both but I am glad they didn't say it was for the environment as I could have used my previous one happily.
    Personally I have as little on my phone as possible. Happy to carry on with the physical ST.

Personally I have as little on my phone as possible. Happy to carry on with the physical ST.
    Same here, I get Wales games on my phone, on reaching the turnstiles I’m all fingers & thumbs. The stewards have slid open the big blue gates for me in the past, for not just me either. I much prefer the actual card or ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How did you book it ?

You’ve got to submit a photograph
    Did it online but like most things in my life this looks like a me problem in having not read the confirmation email - thanks and will sort out

Cheers that's helpful 👍

We did have photos and they were scrapped because they are totally unnecessary. What other clubs have this ‘policy’ ?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We did have photos and they were scrapped because they are totally unnecessary. What other clubs have this ‘policy’ ?
    Giving your ticket to someone else - maybe because you can't attend yourself - has been a common practice at every football club for decades. Perhaps our fans advisory board [sic] can shed some light on this as it seems no-one knows why they've done it..