+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Imposter, The Man Who Came Back From The Dead

Imposter, The Man Who Came Back From The Dead

Anyone else catch this on Channel 4 this week? Amazing true story. Well worth a watch.

Re: Imposter, The Man Who Came Back From The Dead

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone else catch this on Channel 4 this week? Amazing true story. Well worth a watch.
    The second coming ?

I saw it on the My 4 channel and the twist involving his wife in the conspiracy came as something of a surprise. It is a programme well worth watching and the matter seems just as confused in the USA as it was here.

I gave up on it after half an hour so. I thought it was very poorly-structured.

The story is no doubt fascinating, but the documentary style was dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The second coming ?
    He is not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I gave up on it after half an hour so. I thought it was very poorly-structured.

The story is no doubt fascinating, but the documentary style was dreadful.
    The man himself fascinated me. How brazen he was and plausible he was to some people yet, watching it, he was as phoney as they come.

The man himself fascinated me. How brazen he was and plausible he was to some people yet, watching it, he was as phoney as they come.
    He appeared to be a ludicrous individual from what I saw. It was almost as if he was deliberately taking the piss and trying to look like a comedy character.

As I said, I just couldn’t get on with the format. It jumped about so much in the first half hour that it quickly became tiresome, which was a shame. I watch a lot of documentaries and many are true crime of one sort or another, but I could barely get going with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He appeared to be a ludicrous individual from what I saw. It was almost as if he was deliberately taking the piss and trying to look like a comedy character.

As I said, I just couldn’t get on with the format. It jumped about so much in the first half hour that it quickly became tiresome, which was a shame. I watch a lot of documentaries and many are true crime of one sort or another, but I could barely get going with this one.
    Give it another go Dave, there’s a few twists and turns towards the end, the ludicrous audacity of the man is something to marvel at.