+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Uncivil War on Channel 4

The Uncivil War on Channel 4

Anyone watched this I found it fascinating

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...t-cumberbatch/

Re: The Uncivil War on Channel 4

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyone watched this I found it fascinating
    It was an excellent docu-drama. Benedict Cumberbatch was just so good in the role.

But, perhaps this thread should be on the political forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    It was an excellent docu-drama. Benedict Cumberbatch was just so good in the role.

But, perhaps this thread should be on the political forum.
    I know but it is tele , on the political forum you get accused of all sort of things ,its effecting my self esteem

Yes Cumberbatch is so good as he is in most things ,I read somewhere a chap who knew Cummings well found the likeness uncanny ,Cummings and Cumberbatch are very driven men .

I wonder if Cummings really spent so much time writing on walls, or was that for dramatic effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    I wonder if Cummings really spent so much time writing on walls, or was that for dramatic effect?
    I think it was very well researched and he wasn't the most straightforward of types .

I enjoyed it and find myself slightly more sympathetic towards leave voters as a result of watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I enjoyed it and find myself slightly more sympathetic towards leave voters as a result of watching it.
    Glad you said that , I felt the same ,that focus group was very telling , there were a few quotes and moments that made you think , especially the point where they realised it's was 20 years of anger, and he could hear the country groaning .

I do wonder what he thinks now, as I can still hear the groaning, or its returned.