+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Favourite British City , Other Than Cardiff ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Favourite British City , Other Than Cardiff ?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Peterbrough. They have the best pub in the UK on a massive floating barge called Charters bar.
    If like me you love all your real ales then you will be like a kid in a sweetshop if you ever get a chance to visit.
    They have about 50 cask ales and ciders on draught at any one time, they have unthinkable amounts of Belgium beers including the trappist ales you could ever imagine.

They have a massive outdoor beer garden next to the barge which is based on a bavarian beer garden. Lots of tables and chairs/benches and a live music band stand under cover.
    Its under the bridge on London Road by Peterborough United ground.
    https://youtu.be/N9mObgG3r-Q

Always go up for the Peterborough beer festival every year for the last 25 years or more.
    Anyone ever been to the beer festival? Biggest one in UK.
    Look at YouTube videos.
    that pub sounds great, I hate Peterborough though, due to too many work trips there in a previous job.

the whole area is just so flat, not seeing any hills anywhere I just found vaguely depressing

Re: Favourite British City , Other Than Cardiff ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that pub sounds great, I hate Peterborough though, due to too many work trips there in a previous job.

the whole area is just so flat, not seeing any hills anywhere I just found vaguely depressing
    On a side note I’ve only been there twice with city, mostly over 25 yrs ago, it was carnage both times....seemed like the nutters always liked to go there despite it being a fair way away.....