+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madrid Flights!!!!

Madrid Flights!!!!

Just on the news £63 today one way, £750 one way the day before the Champions League Final !!!!!!!

Re: Madrid Flights!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just on the news £63 today one way, £750 one way the day before the Champions League Final !!!!!!!
    That’s only 2 aluminium wheels

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s only 2 aluminium wheels
    Mrs D happens to be flying out to Madrid from Liverpool, the day after the final. I do hope the airport hasn't been nicked!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Mrs D happens to be flying out to Madrid from Liverpool, the day after the final. I do hope the airport hasn't been nicked!
    Tell her to wear a shell suit to blend in 👍

Cheaper to stay a few days either side.

Cheaper to go on a package holiday to Spain and catch a train to Madrid on night of the game

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post

Lets hope French unions aren't still on strike, family members had to cancel their weekend away , kids gutted.

Up the revolution, bugger everyone else

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets hope French unions aren't still on strike, family members had to cancel their weekend away , kids gutted.

Up the revolution, bugger everyone else
    That is typical of their attitude that I alluded to in the Notre Damme thread. They only care about No 1 and don't give a toss about anyone else, but when they want some help it's a totally different matter.
    Sod any other argument, Brexit would be worth it just to be rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That is typical of their attitude that I alluded to in the Notre Damme thread. They only care about No 1 and don't give a toss about anyone else, but when they want some help it's a totally different matter.
    Sod any other argument, Brexit would be worth it just to be rid of them.
    I sometimes wish our working class had the balls of the French equivalent. Unfortunately we’ve been ‘frightened’ out of standing up for ourselves.

I sometimes wish our working class had the balls of the French equivalent. Unfortunately we’ve been ‘frightened’ out of standing up for ourselves.
    Thatcher broke the back of Trade Unions in the UK, and look what's happening. Workers at Amazon/ Sports Direct/ Wetherspoons are treated as slave labour, and these zero hours contracts are the equivalent of the Victorian workers having to queue up outside the factory/ dock/ pit and wait to be chosen to work for a day. I wonder how the employment figures would look if the zero hours contracts were taken out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Thatcher broke the back of Trade Unions in the UK, and look what's happening. Workers at Amazon/ Sports Direct/ Wetherspoons are treated as slave labour, and these zero hours contracts are the equivalent of the Victorian workers having to queue up outside the factory/ dock/ pit and wait to be chosen to work for a day. I wonder how the employment figures would look if the zero hours contracts were taken out of the equation.
    A lot of people who would never have dreamed of buying a house, were content, and why not, to live on decent, well maintained council estates. Decent percentage of employment, rents going into the local authorities coffers to keep standards up, the safety net of assistance if work did dry up.....then boom, let’s test people’s greed.. the right to buy, put a mortgage around their necks, they’ll be terrified to rebel now. Oh, and we’ll put interest rates sky high while we’re at it.....

A lot of people who would never have dreamed of buying a house, were content, and why not, to live on decent, well maintained council estates. Decent percentage of employment, rents going into the local authorities coffers to keep standards up, the safety net of assistance if work did dry up.....then boom, let’s test people’s greed.. the right to buy, put a mortgage around their necks, they’ll be terrified to rebel now. Oh, and we’ll put interest rates sky high while we’re at it.....
    This one got quite a few people. I was living in London when the property boom happened, a lot of my colleagues bought on the strength of it, paying ridiculous sums for next to nothing, and then the bubble burst, leaving them paying a mortgage which was double the val;ue of their property.

I think we're heading towards that again now. I sold up from London about 7 years ago, and my little two bed house was sold for 250k. I was able to buy a very large 5 bed for that in South Wales. Within four years of selling my old house, the buyer had re-sold for 400k and hadn't made any improvements. The house was recently back on the market for just over 450k. The "boom" is due to the large number of new flats springing up in the area, where a one bed "studio flat" is up for 350k, pushing up the value of the older properties in the area (especially those with a garden and off street parking). There has to be some give soon.

It's not like Madrid is a million miles away lots of ways to get there and several options.

Just seen Chelsea and Arsenal have been given less than 10% each for the final. I know Baku is a bit different but clubs should get at least 30% each of capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    RE. zero hours contracts, this is something the labour party and their supporters started campaigning against when there was a lot of bad publicity against Sports Direct/Mike Ashley, and it just went from there.

Sadly, it shows just how ridiculously out-of-touch the labour party is with it's traditional supporters and reality. I worked on a ZHC on was earning excellent money. My wife if on a ZHC and is the same. Millions choose to be on these so they can manage work and home commitments. Labour - and you - want to get rid of them...

The British 'elite', the political classes, parties, are like tubs of Jelly. The only people they stand up to are their own citizens who they royally f..k over time and time again...

It's always the case that prices rise when demand is high. Last May I had to get a plane urgently from Barcelona to Gatwick and managed to secure a last minute seat an hour before check in at 453 euros with Easyjet.

International

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    It's not like Madrid is a million miles away lots of ways to get there and several options.

Just seen Chelsea and Arsenal have been given less than 10% each for the final. I know Baku is a bit different but clubs should get at least 30% each of capacity
    There is no reason Why it should be different. The stadium holds 60K so there is no reason Why they shouldn't get more.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    RE. zero hours contracts, this is something the labour party and their supporters started campaigning against when there was a lot of bad publicity against Sports Direct/Mike Ashley, and it just went from there.

Sadly, it shows just how ridiculously out-of-touch the labour party is with it's traditional supporters and reality. I worked on a ZHC on was earning excellent money. My wife if on a ZHC and is the same. Millions choose to be on these so they can manage work and home commitments. Labour - and you - want to get rid of them...
    There are hundreds of people who have had the opposite experience. An example is my neice who is a single parent. As she is on a zero hours contract she can't claim benefit. There were many weeks where she was either not given any hours, or was given just a few hours. She still had to pay her rent, utility bills and buy food for her child. If it hadn't been for my sister supporting her I don't know where she'd have neded up.

Trade Unions have fought for flexible working time for workers so that people have the ability to manage work and home commitments, but still know that they have a wage coming in at the end of the week.