+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory housing policy joke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tory housing policy joke

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The figure I quoted above apply to social housing.

Tell me which 400 unit site you are referring to?
    Darren farm , llantwit road , houses , schools , shops

Land bought , entrance to site sorted , signs put up ..............feck all happened for 18 months , not a squeak

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Darren farm , llantwit road , houses , schools , shops

Land bought , entrance to site sorted , signs put up ..............feck all happened for 18 months , not a squeak
    Darren Farm is certainly not a matter of land banking. The Developers are desperate to get on with the scheme. I understand that reserved matters planning consent was granted towards the end of 2017. However, the consent was subject to a raft of conditions, may of which are known as "pre-commencement" conditions. This means that information has to be formally submitted to the planning authority and formally discharged by the planning authority before work is allowed to commence on site.

So, hardly land banking, just Welsh Government red tape preventing development taking place in a timely manner.

Again, lies, rhetoric and untruths that fit your agenda and that of the loony left. Exposed, as per usual.

And you really think the housing market in the Vale of Glamorgan is dormant!! What a clown

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Darren Farm is certainly not a matter of land banking. The Developers are desperate to get on with the scheme. I understand that reserved matters planning consent was granted towards the end of 2017. However, the consent was subject to a raft of conditions, may of which are known as "pre-commencement" conditions. This means that information has to be formally submitted to the planning authority and formally discharged by the planning authority before work is allowed to commence on site.

So, hardly land banking, just Welsh Government red tape preventing development taking place in a timely manner.

Again, lies, rhetoric and untruths that fit your agenda and that of the loony left. Exposed, as per usual.

And you really think the housing market in the Vale of Glamorgan is dormant!! What a clown
    Total crap , they got development for the first phase 18 months ago ......they have done diddly squat

The opposers are the local town council , full of Tories who don't want their special town spoilt , even though most of them live in new housing themselves !!

I know all the local estate agents and there are for sale signs everywhere , the market is static

Total crap , they got development for the first phase 18 months ago ......they have done diddly squat

The opposers are the local town council , full of Tories who don't want their special town spoilt , even though most of them live in new housing themselves !!

I know all the local estate agents and there are for sale signs everywhere , the market is static
    Don't spout bull like that at me Sludge. It is not total crap at all. They received outline consent for the site 18 months ago. You CANNOT build houses with outline planning consent. They have submitted an application for reserved matters planning consent, This has now been approved. However, you still cannot yet build houses until, as outlined above, all of the pre-commencement conditions have been discharged. This is currently underway.

Let's just see how the sales go when, eventually, the houses are slowed to be built.

Sludge - Link to article from today's Walesonline:

https://bit.ly/2w6gIHt

Detailed consent for a further 306 dwellings approved last week by the Council. They will now have to sign the S.106 agreement and discharge all of the pre-commencement planning conditions on these as well before they can start on this phase.

All shows the lies that you have spouted in this thread about the developers land banking.

Lies. lies and more lies. That's all you can come up with.

Also, good to note Sludge, that 40% of the new homes - 190 of the new homes on the site will be affordable homes of different tenures. I'm sure that will please you??