+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

If there is one?
    More funds for the last 2 weeks of the transfer window or a guarantee that we'll keep Zohore?
    I'd prefer the latter.
    Nice to see him there mind, hopefully he feels he can come visit more often.

Re: So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

He seemed to be a happy boy after the game, happy enough to kick in a few quid in January if needed?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    He seemed to be a happy boy after the game, happy enough to kick in a few quid in January if needed?
    Or in the next 3 weeks, maybe?

He was doing interviews before the game with the press

BBC Wales

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan insists he is not actively looking to sell the Championship club.

There has been speculation the Malaysian businessman is pursuing offers for the Welsh club he bought in 2010.

But reacting after reports re-emerged that he was seeking to off-load the Bluebirds, Tan has reiterated he will only sell at the right price.

Asked if he was looking to sell, Tan said: "No, I always say this.

"You don't fall in love with your businesses. If somebody offers the right price, yeah we'll sell.

"People approach us and we have a look, we talk. But that doesn't mean we're selling.

"If the right offer comes, an offer we can't refuse, sure we'll sell. It's business."

Tan watched from the stands as Cardiff beat Aston Villa 3-0 on Saturday to go top of the Championship table after two games of the season.

He had not been to any home games in the previous two campaigns, fuelling rumours he was losing interest in the club.

Speculation that he was actively looking to sell the club intensified in July when reports highlighted a brochure for prospective buyers put together by WMG, a company belonging to Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman.

However, Tan says he is committed to Cardiff and watched the win over Villa at Cardiff City Stadium, which saw an attendance of 23,899 for the game.

Warm welcome for controversial owner

He received a warm welcome from supporters, though his tenure has been controversial.

The decision to change the team's home colours from its traditional blue to red led to a fans revolt, but Tan financed the club's promotion to the Premier League in 2013, albeit for only one season.

Tan agreed to a return to blue shirts in 2015 and, after three campaigns of mid-table mediocrity in the Championship, he is hopeful manager Neil Warnock can help the club mount another promotion challenge this term.

"We have a good manager, he has made some good transfers," said Tan.

"We supported him with the transfers, but we have paid good value for money - not like the way we paid £10.5m for [Andreas] Cornelius [a striker signed by former manager Malky Mackay].

"Oh I will never forget that.

"We have paid good value for these transfers. Neil has done a great job. They are reasonable transfers with support."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    If there is one?
    More funds for the last 2 weeks of the transfer window or a guarantee that we'll keep Zohore?
    I'd prefer the latter.
    I HATE c*nt with a vengeance. The further he stays away from Cardiff City FC the better!!

When is he going to do away with that shitty centipede we have on our badge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I HATE c*nt with a vengeance. The further he stays away from Cardiff City FC the better!!

Grow up you sad tw@t

It looks like a maggot to me

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Grow up you sad tw@t
    Never , ever will I change with my attitude towards Tanny. Simples! I have my reasons. I'll go into them again if you really want. Have mentioned them several times on here in the past. I bet you were one of those sad feckers, who bought into his red shite, and even purchased and wore a red City top! Busy licking his arse along the way as he took us to the "promised land"

Never , ever will I change with my attitude towards Tanny. Simples! I have my reasons. I'll go into them again if you really want. Have mentioned them several times on here in the past. I bet you were one of those sad feckers, who bought into his red shite, and even purchased and wore a red City top! Busy licking his arse along the way as he took us to the "promised land"
    Red aside, every single manager has been backed by Tan. Granted, a lot of those haven't worked out.

The change to red was wrong, it was then reverted. Those who wish to paint Tan as evvvvvviiiilllll really need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    If there is one?
    I'd prefer the latter.
    He saw at first hand an excellent performance and felt the buzz of the crowd.
    That has to be more positive than if he hadn't.
    I believe we won on his last appearance which I think was against Rotherham last season.

Your childish attitude and abusive comments stink. Nothing you can say will spoil the weekend after that win. Tan is the owner of our club and is keeping it afloat out of his own pocket. If that is really your attitude why do you bother following the club and commenting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He saw at first hand an excellent performance and felt the buzz of the crowd.
    That has to be more positive than if he hadn't.
    I believe we won on his last appearance which I think was against Rotherham last season.
    No, he didn't turn up for a home match last season - in fact I don't believe he had watched a game at Cardiff City Stadium since Wolves beat us 1-0 in February 2015 I think it was.

He made a business decision about a sport he had very little knowledge of (look at the franchising/moving of American sports with very little regard for history etc, look at the Raiders in the NFL!) which turned out to be the wrong decision. Britain is very traditionalist and obviously he didn't completely understand that.

After all the abuse (sometimes racist) he received he sought to put it right, admittedly probably a financial reason but so was the initial change to red.

I don't believe he's as bad as any of the other vilified owners like Oystons, Venkys etc and if it wasn't for the in hindsight stupid decision to change to red he would probably be the best owner we've had for many years.

He's tried to put everything to what's beneficial for both the fans and himself financially so if everyone just lets their sleeping dogs lie we can all push on for a better cardiff city and I hope you and similar fans can come back on board and enjoy supporting your club again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, he didn't turn up for a home match last season - in fact I don't believe he had watched a game at Cardiff City Stadium since Wolves beat us 1-0 in February 2015 I think it was.
    No wonder...

So what if people purchased a red top? I bet you watched us in the PL though, like 27000 others ?

If not then that's fine and commendable, however, your comments are not welcome and outdated.

Seeing people wearing the red tops made me feel a bit sick if I'm honest. Their choice of course, but it didn't sit well with me as in my mind they were validating Tan's decision.
    But common sense prevailed and he reversed the bad decisions, we're back in blue, and while I can understand people's feelings (both sides) at the time, I can't understand the reluctance of a few who seem unable to accept that he made a mistake, changed it and move on.

I notice TLG was there again today. He said he'd never go again whilst Tan was in charge. Perhaps Tan knew TLG was coming

😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I notice TLG was there again today. He said he'd never go again whilst Tan was in charge. Perhaps Tan knew TLG was coming
    His last reason for attending was that he was accompanying a friends widow. Perhaps he realised there's more to life then staying bitter and twisted over a poor decision that was reversed nearly 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His last reason for attending was that he was accompanying a friends widow. Perhaps he realised there's more to life then staying bitter and twisted over a poor decision that was reversed nearly 3 years ago.
    He was probably hoping for a comprehensive defeat.

Nope. The red made me sick, especially the infamous Brighton game with the free scarfs. I marched against the red and it was reversed. 3 years ago nearly.
    Tan realised his mistake and continues to prop the club up. That deserves forgiveness in my book.
    I've made mistakes in life and been given 2nd chances. I bet there's not a poster on this forum who hasn't made a mistake, or regretted something and wished they could turn back the clock.
    Tan is a human, he's no different.

International

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    He was probably hoping for a comprehensive defeat.
    Why would he want that whatever his intentions?
    If the club doesn't achieve he is less likely to get his money back were he to sell. Personally I don't believe he is actively looking for a buyer, this all started because of a newspaper article and we all know they love destroying anything successful, like the way the actively set out ruin someones rep as soon as they are successful

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why would he want that whatever his intentions?
    If the club doesn't achieve he is less likely to get his money back were he to sell. Personally I don't believe he is actively looking for a buyer, this all started because of a newspaper article and we all know they love destroying anything successful, like the way the actively set out ruin someones rep as soon as they are successful
    I wasn't talking about VT.

That's quite hateful pal.

I really fell out of love with the club during the red period for the reason that it didn't feel like my club, and I was annoyed that the club showed a blatant disregard for what the fans wanted. Consequently, I didn't even so much as to watch City on TV, let alone go to the CCS.

When the news broke that it had been reversed, I was absolutely thrilled and grateful that sense had prevailed.

There are very few owners who support the sports club and that's just the way it is. He's a money man and has shelled out loads on us over the years.

He has the right to attend as many games as he wants but I hope he would draw the line at dictating footballing matters.

Bitterness and hatred achieves bugger all, plus there's too much of it going on in the world.

I reckon you've got two choices: Either give everyone associated with the club your complete backing and enjoy the ride, or stop following your club and take your negativity elsewhere because quite simply, we've had enough of that recently and it's time for positivity and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm glad he didn't as the fayre that was served up was awful at best.
    He wasn't the only one who watched a game since around then and as has been said, understandable why.