+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Way to an Independent and Prosperous Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Way to an Independent and Prosperous Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Well I could, Eric, I just wonder if I'd be wasting my time and you'd find something else to nitpick.
    Go on then. Give me something I couldn't nitpick. Or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Go on then. Give me something I couldn't nitpick. Or shut up.
    Eric, there's nothing you couldn't nitpick.

Eric, there's nothing you couldn't nitpick.
    Let's get back to the question. That's the most important thing. "We've had our language squashed nearly out of existence, our culture sidelined, stolen from, and repressed." I've asked for elaboration.

Let's get back to the question. That's the most important thing. "We've had our language squashed nearly out of existence, our culture sidelined, stolen from, and repressed." I've asked for elaboration.
    Well let's start with which part you doubt and work from there.

Well let's start with which part you doubt and work from there.
    I doubt all of it. You've provided a statement and I would like you to confirm and prove it to be correct.

I doubt all of it. You've provided a statement and I would like you to confirm and prove it to be correct.
    Well I'll be damned if I'm going to type out an essay for you, just for you to take sentence out of it and nitpick it.

Lets see how we get on with the first point in my statement regarding the repression of the Welsh language (which I suspect you must already know about but are just looking for something to nitpick)

Here's a link that sums up a shameful part of history that should never be forgotten: The punishment of The Welsh Not - http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/history/s...ducation.shtml

Once you've read that, please feel free to come back and nitpick it in some way.

Well I'll be damned if I'm going to type out an essay for you, just for you to take sentence out of it and nitpick it.

Lets see how we get on with the first point in my statement regarding the repression of the Welsh language (which I suspect you must already know about but are just looking for something to nitpick)

Here's a link that sums up a shameful part of history that should never be forgotten: The punishment of The Welsh Not - http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/history/s...ducation.shtml

Once you've read that, please feel free to come back and nitpick it in some way.
    Already replied. "according to historian John Davies, it is unlikely that the use of the Welsh Not was as widespread as the mythology of the 20th century maintains."