+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Katie Hopkins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Katie Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Live by the sword, die by the sword. She got the job because of her controversial views and she's now lost the job because she's had to keep upping the ante. It was only a matter of time.

Was she sacked because of public pressure?
    Well, like qccfc says, her employers had advertisers who would have considered her bad for business.

We can debate the rights and wrongs of that all day but it's still just a form of censorship of an unpopular opinion, it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Well, like qccfc says, her employers had advertisers who would have considered her bad for business.

We can debate the rights and wrongs of that all day but it's still just a form of censorship of an unpopular opinion, it seems to me.
    Advertisers pay her wages, she's under the same restraints as all of us. Don't push your luck with the people who pay you.

She's still got twitter which I would say is a much bigger audience than her LBC show.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Advertisers pay her wages, she's under the same restraints as all of us. Don't push your luck with the people who pay you.

She's still got twitter which I would say is a much bigger audience than her LBC show.
    And she writes a column in the daily mail. Which is prominently shown online. She is hardly being censored.