Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
Croft has been a wonderful player for Glamorgan and is a decent man. None of us know the full details but regardless of results my position is that any coach would have had a hell of a job at the club in its current state. Whilst, as coach, he must take some of the blame for results there are others who, at best, share the culpability. I wish him well and hopefully he will continue to develop his media career or find another coaching role on the circuit. Sadly, regardless of who is appointed as the next coach I cannot see anything changing unless there are significant changes throughout the club structure.
Gossip I hear, and being gossip it might well be wrong, is not as charitable about Croft as you are. I don't think Croft was a very good coach for Glamorgan, but I agree he was an excellent player and I wonder if, like other gifted players, he found it hard to work with players with much less talent than him?

I also agree that whoever takes over will have a very tough task - I was surprised Maynard took on the batting adviser job given the circumstances under which his time as coach at the club ended and I don't see him getting the coaching job now, maybe it's time to look outside the club again?