+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO dml1954

FAO dml1954

Surely even you can’t take any positives out of that performance today? Utter shite. Complete waste of time and dough. A complete stroll for 93 mins for Spurs. No fight, no spirit, no gameplan, no hope.
    Would love to be a bit more positive but happy clappings not my game.

Re: FAO dml1954

It’s just a total mismatch. Heavyweight vs featherweight. You need to be at your very best, and them having an off day, as well as a ton of luck. And not concede a soft goal after two wins.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Surely even you can’t take any positives out of that performance today? Utter shite. Complete waste of time and dough. A complete stroll for 93 mins for Spurs. No fight, no spirit, no gameplan, no hope.
    Probably one of the demented seals clapping Sols last ditch tackle 2nd half even though he gave it away needlessly to create the chance for Spurs in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It’s just a total mismatch. Heavyweight vs featherweight. You need to be at your very best, and them having an off day, as well as a ton of luck. And not concede a soft goal after two wins.
    It’s not just today though. We seem to be like rabbits caught in the headlights every time we face a top 6 side. It’s akways gonna be a David/Goliath against the top teams, but at least David chanced his luck with a stone!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We got off lightly and was lucky it wasn’t 7 or 8. They didn’t get out of 1st gear after they went 3up and wasted a load of good positions 2nd half.

I’m sure Lawnmower will tell us 3-0 flattered Spurs and 2-1 was a more accurate reflection.

Jokes aside 3-0 isn’t too bad as it hasn’t completely ****ed our goal difference, and the big one is Huddersfield next.

A 5+ goal defeat could have really damaged confidence and not conceding 2nd half, combined with the 4 points we picked up away, will be the positives we can take into Huddersfield.

What a stupid, pointless thread this is. It just illustrates where you and Hartley stand - more interested in point scoring over other members than being constructive/positive about the team. If you are that upset with the teams effort and think you are wasting your money then its quite simple - don't bother coming to any more games but stop your continual moaning, for gods sake. Its totally boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a stupid, pointless thread this is. It just illustrates where you and Hartley stand - more interested in point scoring over other members than being constructive/positive about the team. If you are that upset with the teams effort and think you are wasting your money then its quite simple - don't bother coming to any more games but stop your continual moaning, for gods sake. Its totally boring.
    As a matter of interest were you there?

It’s not just today though. We seem to be like rabbits caught in the headlights every time we face a top 6 side. It’s akways gonna be a David/Goliath against the top teams, but at least David chanced his luck with a stone!!
    Probably correct but our defending in the first 20 minutes was like Sunday league.
    Too late to throw in a few good tackles and try to talk positively when you are already 2-0 down and the contest is virtually over.
    For the life of me I cannot understand how Cunningham is preferred to Bennet ?
    I also think Sol needs a rest and try Manga and Morrison together (not that I am confident of that either).

We must put in good performances against Huddersfield and Newcastle to ensure we do not slip into the bottom 3

Basically we can compete with teams that are 10th down , we played a team today who are better than Utd ,Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, and smarting after being incredibly beaten by Wolves.

We are physically, ,mentally, skillfully million miles away , we lacked composure with the ball,and defensively we could not cope with their movement .

We move on after a great Xmas period safely in 16th I'd rather be City than Fulham and Huddersfield.

We must remember Spurs could give Barca, Real ,Bayern a good game.

My only criticism of the line up was Reid up front against two giants , Patterson playing right back, and sometimes right wing back, to allow Manga to man mark Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Probably correct but our defending in the first 20 minutes was like Sunday league.
    Too late to throw in a few good tackles and try to talk positively when you are already 2-0 down and the contest is virtually over.
    I also think Sol needs a rest and try Manga and Morrison together (not that I am confident of that either).

We must put in good performances against Huddersfield and Newcastle to ensure we do not slip into the bottom 3
    I’m sure DML can tell us why Cunningham is preferred over Bennett. He has all the positive answers.

None so blind as those that won’t see.

We’re going to be embarrassed by far better teams several times this season. There’s not much point looking for positives or being too critical about about it.

Particularly when so far we’ve shown an ability to bounce-back and keep above the relegation zone.

Let’s see what Huddersfield brings.

I'm not sure what Neil was trying to achieve with that team selection and tactics, he needs to cut out the man marking because all good teams do is drag you out then play a man in the space that's left, I would've gone 3 at the back today apart from manga the other 3 were all over the shop and look shit scared any good player is around them, Cunningham disappointing again I'm not sure what he offers that Bennett doesn't , Murphy going off for hoillet was just well ......, Was painful to watch men Vs boys and putting Reid up top on his own was a ridiculous choice imo spurs could've put 10 on us and I don't think anyone could argue against that luckily they took pity on us the second half and I was glad we didn't score otherwise I think they may have gone up to 3rd gear

My only criticism of the line up was Reid up front against two giants ,

I am afraid I think Reid is totally out of his depth in the Premiership and is basically a waste of £12M

Well done Cardiff City 4 points from 3 games. All you moaners feck off and support the mancs or scousers

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Well done Cardiff City 4 points from 3 games. All you moaners feck off and support the mancs or scousers
    Who the **** are you to tell people who they should support?

I really wanted Cunningham to be good but he appears to be the most ‘out of his depth’ player in this team whenever I’ve seen him play. Today he also managed to look terrified too. Reid is not yet good enough to lead the line either, and what NM-L has to do to get a start is baffling me

That match was lost lost from the off by NW’s choices and tactics so not surprised we offered no threat - disappointing though it was. Hopefully we’ve learnt something today. What a waste of Paterson’s threat...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who the **** are you to tell people who they should support?
    Diddums, you really are a snowflake. Wasn’t it you only this week who accused me of supporting the scousers

My only criticism of the line up was Reid up front against two giants ,

I am afraid I think Reid is totally out of his depth in the Premiership and is basically a waste of £12M
    I think that's slightly unfsir, whenever he's been given a chance it's been impossible for him to do anything he is a little lightweight but needs to be playing in the hole behind the striker sticking him up top tonight was ludicrous

Diddums, you really are a snowflake. Wasn’t it you only this week who accused me of supporting the scousers
    No. Just a hazarded guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think that's slightly unfsir, whenever he's been given a chance it's been impossible for him to do anything he is a little lightweight but needs to be playing in the hole behind the striker sticking him up top tonight was ludicrous
    This ^^^

Did well against the likes of Fulham and Leicester.

Can i support Arsenal instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Can i support Arsenal instead?
    If you’re having Arsenal I’ll have Citeh

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If you’re having Arsenal I’ll have Citeh
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Here's the rub, it's ok losing to superior opposition, i'd say that the majority of us on here weren't expecting a result from this game. So, it's onto the next thing, performance-We didn't. Then we can move onto passages of play, isolated incidents during the game-there weren't any-Lastly, individual performances-Nope-Nothing. Because of the way Warnock lines his team up and the style that we play there isn't a ****ing scrap of positivity out of games against Man City, Man utd, Spurs, West Ham and Watford, Throw Chelsea away in for me as well. I'm talking small things, not the result. The players we have aren't great, although they're certainly not as bad as they've shown against the teams I've mentioned, we play like a poor championship side hoping to fluke a goal or score a worldie, it's as basic as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I really wanted Cunningham to be good but he appears to be the most ‘out of his depth’ player in this team whenever I’ve seen him play. Today he also managed to look terrified too. Reid is not yet good enough to lead the line either, and what NM-L has to do to get a start is baffling me

That match was lost lost from the off by NW’s choices and tactics so not surprised we offered no threat - disappointing though it was. Hopefully we’ve learnt something today. What a waste of Paterson’s threat...
    The match was lost by individual players making mistakes.