+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is keeping our good qualities possible without chucking everything to start again?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is keeping our good qualities possible without chucking everything to start again?

Next season has to be a season of transition and building on and off the pitch.

That is difficult.

I want to see Warnock stay for his last contract year - but I also want to see evolution in the club, not just more of the same. I think some of Neil Warnock's recent comments about succession and improving the club are absolutely right. I hope he is flexible and self-aware enough to help that process, not hinder it.

The Academy, scouting/recruitment, training ground and other issues around the capacity and strength of the club need to be dealt with, including the lack of football knowledge on the Board.

It would help a lot if Tan/Dalman were to spell out their vision for the future. They almost did that with the disastrous Trollope appointment (borrowing part of the Wales template) but that never felt thought through - and failed.

Any business plan for the club has to cover those points, as well as engaging the fans, supporting the community and working back to the riches of the Premier League with a strategy for on-field success.

Difficult to do some or all of that whilst still trying to compete for promotion - but it can be done.

Re: Is keeping our good qualities possible without chucking everything to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Next season has to be a season of transition and building on and off the pitch.

That is difficult.

I want to see Warnock stay for his last contract year - but I also want to see evolution in the club, not just more of the same. I think some of Neil Warnock's recent comments about succession and improving the club are absolutely right. I hope he is flexible and self-aware enough to help that process, not hinder it.

The Academy, scouting/recruitment, training ground and other issues around the capacity and strength of the club need to be dealt with, including the lack of football knowledge on the Board.

It would help a lot if Tan/Dalman were to spell out their vision for the future. They almost did that with the disastrous Trollope appointment (borrowing part of the Wales template) but that never felt thought through - and failed.

Any business plan for the club has to cover those points, as well as engaging the fans, supporting the community and working back to the riches of the Premier League with a strategy for on-field success.

Difficult to do some or all of that whilst still trying to compete for promotion - but it can be done.
    Can this be done best with the stability Warnock brings or would it be better to risk our league place with a manager more likely to embrace these ideas? That's the only question I want answered, going on about playing style or player's limitations - especially when they gave us so much these past two years - seems to be returning to the short-term thinking that left us near relegation when Warnock first arrived.