+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Van hits worshippers leaving mosque...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Van hits worshippers leaving mosque...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Rammed a police car, setting his own car on fire and killing himself before he had the chance to use the array of weapons he had with him.
    Like something out of 4 lions. What an idiot.
    I do think we are lucky that it's usually stupid people who get radicalised

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's not luck though is it?

Kill and maim innocent people (some of which may well be the same colour and religion as you) by acting like a cowardly piece of shit and after your pointless death you'll get to live in a magical world where everything is perfect and you'll get loads of nubile young virgins to cook you breakfast (no bacon though) and cater to your every sexual desire (even though they're virgins and won't know what to do)

Nothing to do with luck, anyone dull enough to believe that is cannon fodder for the people at the top of the tree (who are obviously far too busy washing their hair to do it themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    An interesting thought experiment is to try to picture what conditions would have to be present in order for you to consider a terrorist attack or something similar.

I guess for most people something along the lines of living under an oppressive regime that has killed your family.
    Or perhaps more extreme, an alien invasion has taken over and are killing and enslaving people. In films where this happens we cheer the brave souls that fight back.

From what I've seen, most terrorists think they are akin to the action movie heroes we all love.
    They think they are under attack as a people, from another group who seem evil and somehow less human than themselves. Once they reach this point in thinking then a proportion of them will do something drastic.
    The people who are drawn to these dark ways of thinking, who live in a fantasist world are often people who aren't that successful living in the real world, and I guess stupid people are probably more vulnerable to ending up in that situation.