+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The dutch general election. The biggest one so far for the right wing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The dutch general election. The biggest one so far for the right wing?

To TOBW, RJK, Lardy, Pearcey and Eric C.

According to the table posted by severncity.

The increase in Muslim population each decade from 1961 to 2011 has increased massively.
    From 1961 to 1971, there was 352% increase
    71 to 81, a 145% increase
    81 to 91, a 72% increase
    91 to 2001, a 71% increase
    01 to 2011, a 69% increase

That's a significant increase EVERY decade in anyone's language.

According to the Pew projections, the UK Muslim population will increase by a total of 94% from 2011 to 2031
    According to the same projections the non Muslim UK population will increase by 3.8% in the same period.

Do these figures concern you in any way ?

Apparent targeting of specific parts of Europe.

There are 14 countries, most of which are major countries within Europe that appear to be 'targets' for Muslim immigration.

I'll note the name and % increase over two decades.

Austria 68%
    Belgium 80%
    Denmark 40
    France 46
    Germany 35
    Greece 46
    Italy 102%
    Netherlands 49%
    Norway 149%
    Finland 150%
    Ireland 191%
    Sweden 120%
    Switzerland 53%
    UK 94%

I'll also add

USA 140%
    Canada 183%
    Australia 79%
    New Zealand 146%

On average in the countries above, the non Muslim population increase will be around 4% or less.

Do these HUGE increases in Muslim populations bother any of you, when compared to the non Muslim population increases?

Excluding Luxembourg 27% increase and Serbia 35%, the other countries of Europe where there is not a significant Muslim presence already (above 20%), the highest percentage increase is Ukraine at 4%.

The likes of Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine will have virtually zero increase in Muslim population projections.

Russia with a relatively high Muslim population will increase by another 2.1 million Muslims to over 18.5 Muslims in total.

It seems bizarre that European countries welcome a significant influx of Muslims, of whom a small percentage so far have been terrorists or been seen to support terrorist actions across the planet.

It's a dangerous game to welcome such significant numbers and it is understandable that this pace of change is a case of too much and too fast for many Europeans.

Allied to the fact that an Islamic way of life and values are often significantly different to those of western countries, then it really is a collision course for so many.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    To TOBW, RJK, Lardy, Pearcey and Eric C.

According to the table posted by severncity.

The increase in Muslim population each decade from 1961 to 2011 has increased massively.
    From 1961 to 1971, there was 352% increase
    71 to 81, a 145% increase
    81 to 91, a 72% increase
    91 to 2001, a 71% increase
    01 to 2011, a 69% increase

That's a significant increase EVERY decade in anyone's language.

According to the Pew projections, the UK Muslim population will increase by a total of 94% from 2011 to 2031
    According to the same projections the non Muslim UK population will increase by 3.8% in the same period.

Do these figures concern you in any way ?

One of the great things about working with percentages alone is that if you add a small number to a small number then the percentage change looks huge. Add the same small number to a big number and it's almost negligible.

Using a combination of severncity's graphic (useful as it shows the raw numbers) and the Pew projections given (which I can't find on the net but would be interested to see):

2011 Muslims in the UK = 2,706,000 plus 94% increase until 2031 = 5,249,640.

2,543,640 more Muslims over the next 15 years

2011 non-Muslims in the UK = 53,370,000 plus 3.8% increase until 2031 = 55,398,060

2,028,060 more non-Muslims over the next 15 years

Doesn't seem quite so alarming now. My guess is that most of us wouldn't even notice the change in our day to day lives.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    One of the great things about working with percentages alone is that if you add a small number to a small number then the percentage change looks huge. Add the same small number to a big number and it's almost negligible.

Using a combination of severncity's graphic (useful as it shows the raw numbers) and the Pew projections given (which I can't find on the net but would be interested to see):

2011 Muslims in the UK = 2,706,000 plus 94% increase until 2031 = 5,249,640.

2,543,640 more Muslims over the next 15 years

2011 non-Muslims in the UK = 53,370,000 plus 3.8% increase until 2031 = 55,398,060

2,028,060 more non-Muslims over the next 15 years

Doesn't seem quite so alarming now. My guess is that most of us wouldn't even notice the change in our day to day lives.
    Are you able to calculate the figures for the next 100 years? 14 years seems a bit arbitory. I'm just curious about the projected numbers our future generations will have in their day to day lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you able to calculate the figures for the next 100 years? 14 years seems a bit arbitory. I'm just curious about the projected numbers our future generations will have in their day to day lives.
    You may have noticed that I said I'm using numbers and projections given by others in the thread which go up to 2031. Any reason you didn't ask this question to them first?

Nice try at being a smart arse - as with so many things, you failed dismally.

You may have noticed that I said I'm using numbers and projections given by others in the thread which go up to 2031. Any reason you didn't ask this question to them first?

Nice try at being a smart arse - as with so many things, you failed dismally.
    I am merely suggesting that your conclusion may be entirely different if you project forward 100 years instead of 14. It's quite a normal thing to do when forecasting rates of change

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I am merely suggesting that your conclusion may be entirely different if you project forward 100 years instead of 14. It's quite a normal thing to do when forecasting rates of change
    Great, go ahead. Nothing stopping you.

Great, go ahead. Nothing stopping you.
    I'm just trying to help you with your guess

"Doesn't seem quite so alarming now. My guess is that most of us wouldn't even notice the change in our day to day lives."