+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I just noticed that Stenhousemuir (whose ground I once visited) are playing Waterford in the 'Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup' tonight.

Apart from the Milk Cup and the Johnson's Paint Trophy what other ridiculously-named competitions have there been?

For my part, many moons ago I scored a goal in the final of 'The Daisy Hutchins Cup' here in Somerset.
    That's not ridiculous, Tunnocks Tea Cakes are lovely-Whole packet job!

Carling cup was shit, wasn't there something called the Watneys Ales Cup? I think that the more obscure or off centre a Sponsor sounds, the better it is. Rumbelows? Who was Daisy Hutchins?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's not ridiculous, Tunnocks Tea Cakes are lovely-Whole packet job!

Carling cup was shit, wasn't there something called the Watneys Ales Cup? I think that the more obscure or off centre a Sponsor sounds, the better it is. Rumbelows? Who was Daisy Hutchins?
    Daisy Hutchins was just a local lady who was involved in the minor football leagues here. I won a number of very minor trophies down here that were named after humble souls whose names were not exactly in the Jules Rimet category.

Daisy Hutchins was just a local lady who was involved in the minor football leagues here. I won a number of very minor trophies down here that were named after humble souls whose names were not exactly in the Jules Rimet category.
    The beauty of football. I love things like that. I know who Daisy Hutchins is now, Who was Jules Rimet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The beauty of football. I love things like that. I know who Daisy Hutchins is now, Who was Jules Rimet?

He's no Daisy Hutchins....