+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More people being offended.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: More people being offended.

David Brent of The Office fame got into trouble in one episode for a black nob length joke. He conceded it was a stereotype but a positive one, therefore harmless and acceptable. That Man Utd song is similar. So many of those who are fond of throwing the R word around either cannot or will not judge remarks in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    David Brent of The Office fame got into trouble in one episode for a black nob length joke. He conceded it was a stereotype but a positive one, therefore harmless and acceptable. That Man Utd song is similar. So many of those who are fond of throwing the R word around either cannot or will not judge remarks in context.
    I mean the whole point of that scene was that Brent was in the wrong, "it's a compliment if anything".

I think the issue is the song is embedded in Lukaku's race and they are saying why does it have to come back to that? It doesn't matter if it is a positive stereotype.

I don't find it offensive but I suppose I'm not in a position to judge that being a white man with a 26 inch cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

I don't find it offensive but I suppose I'm not in a position to judge that being a white man who is a cock.
    Very True.
    Not a touch of Irony in sight.
    Well Done.