+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not from a manual at all, it is knowledge that I happen to know.
    The beer you describe is real ale and plenty of it has a good head that lasts. I'm drinking a pint of Catch now that has a head that is lasting. Whether beer has a head that lasts depends on the ingredients and how it is story and served, not on whether it is real ale, craft beer or mass produced bland beer
    So your post was not a quote, just straight out of your head. I commend you sir, you have a brilliant and well organised mind.

I haven't seen a good draught beer in 20 years that had a head like a pint of brains had. I'm not talking about bubbles, I mean a nice creamy head that lasts the life of the pint.
    Like I said, its all as flat as a witches tit. (Did I say that?)
    A sparkler on the pump just makes short lasting bubbles.
    The beer I describe is not 'real 'ale, it is what used to be called 'draught' before all the rubbish started to be touted as the savior of beer. Like I said, I drink smooth because it gives me the creamy head that draught beer used to.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So your post was not a quote, just straight out of your head. I commend you sir, you have a brilliant and well organised mind.

I haven't seen a good draught beer in 20 years that had a head like a pint of brains had. I'm not talking about bubbles, I mean a nice creamy head that lasts the life of the pint.
    The beer I describe is not 'real 'ale, it is what used to be called 'draught' before all the rubbish started to be touted as the savior of beer. Like I said, I drink smooth because it gives me the creamy head that draught beer used to.
    Yep, all from my head and not a quote. It's what comes from years of brewing and drinking beer.
    I still say that
    Beer pulled up from a tapped and spiled wooden barrel from a cold deep cellar (usually) by beer engine (Force pump) and served with a lovely creamy head which would last until you finished the pint.
    is real ale....

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Yep, all from my head and not a quote. It's what comes from years of brewing and drinking beer.
    I still say that is real ale....
    Call it what you will what today is called 'real ale' bears no resemblance to the beautiful beer I grew up drinking and it never will. It still flat and very unappetizing to look at, like a glass of dish water.
    But of course that's just my opinion, in now way a 'fact'!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Creamy head ?? Guinness ??

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Creamy head ?? Guinness ??
    Guinness/ Beer? Stout?? you choose!!