+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rabbi Matondo.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rabbi Matondo.

Thanks for posting Paul. Must admit I have never heard about this lad. Have you seen him play?
    Spedger

I see they've got the old Giggs chestnut that he switched allegiance from England to Wales he never, he played for England schools they're also saying the same about Rabbi

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I see they've got the old Giggs chestnut that he switched allegiance from England to Wales he never, he played for England schools they're also saying the same about Rabbi
    Matondo was born in Liverpool (I think) though, and we signed him from elsewhere. He's not a local lad so there's a real chance he will want to play for England when he's older.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    If Ryan Giggs played football today, he would be eligible to play for England under the 5 year compulsory schooling rule. However at the time this avenue wasn't open to him and he had no parentage options for him to qualify for England.

man city seem to be buying them youngsters

I was speaking to another dad at rugby yesterday, his lad has just turned them down, they wanted him to stop playing rugby, but he didnt want to, so he told them " thanks for the offer, but no thanks " looking at Bristol city now ( as the dad says they have a good youth setup )

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Thanks for posting Paul. Must admit I have never heard about this lad. Have you seen him play?
    Spedger
    Yes, I saw him a few times last season - very quick and he was a decent finisher as well, I think he would have been featuring pretty regularly for the Under 23s now if he was still with us.