+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When is being skint ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: When is being skint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not unaware of CO2 harm that flying entails. Ironically, travelling a few times a year has made me aware that forgoing my trips would represent the most miniscule drop in the ocean after seeing endless factories all round the world belching out an incredible amount of pollution, enormous fire pits that have been burning non-stop as far back as the 60s, gas wells that have been burning for decades and a lot else. That may sound like a cop-out but there you go.
    (In the UK, I usually drive a one-litre car, not every day and my mileage is low).
    As for poverty (and my champagne comment was obviously said in irony), yes, I have seen appalling poverty around the world and thank my lucky star that I was born in one of the richest countries around the world.
    As for experiencing poverty myself, I was brought up only having hot meals on the weekend, not having the house heated and going to school with holes in the soles of my shoes.
    This is the 1st year since i came out of hospital 13 years ago this coming April, that I've not had a holiday, usually manage to get in two and some weekend breaks in mainland Europe, not skint yet !!! but it's been an unusual year for me for a variety of reasons and just haven't managed to work a holiday into the schedule. With my wife retiring we had planned for another trip down under but it hasn't been possible, the outlook at the moment i don't feel comfortable enough to think about holidays for next year so will just take one step at the time, I hope you realise i like taking the rise out of your travels but mean no harm and wish I was as well travelled, they do it to me and i just accept it , there is only one person on this message board i will never ever have a back and forth with, i accept all arrows aimed, and fire back it's the game.

Re: When is being skint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    This is the 1st year since i came out of hospital 13 years ago this coming April, that I've not had a holiday, usually manage to get in two and some weekend breaks in mainland Europe, not skint yet !!! but it's been an unusual year for me for a variety of reasons and just haven't managed to work a holiday into the schedule. With my wife retiring we had planned for another trip down under but it hasn't been possible, the outlook at the moment i don't feel comfortable enough to think about holidays for next year so will just take one step at the time, I hope you realise i like taking the rise out of your travels but mean no harm and wish I was as well travelled, they do it to me and i just accept it , there is only one person on this message board i will never ever have a back and forth with, i accept all arrows aimed, and fire back it's the game.
    May you have a cool Yule, old fruit