• Go

25 40.98%
  • Undecided

5 8.20%

Thread: Bulut - Stay or go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut - Stay or go

I’ve put undecided, I think the football has been poor and his tactics and at times his starting line ups and subs random.

However if Tan is planning on continuing the minimal investment in the playing squad (and no I don’t think for a second we paid 3m in January and not even sure they were buluts choices) then I think Bulut has enough to keep us safely away from relegation.

If Tan plans on investing then I think they should consider their options and see who they realistically think they can bring in for us to progress. So often you see new managers come in to “play football” and it all goes tits up, have stoke ever recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    However if Tan is planning on continuing the minimal investment in the playing squad (and no I don’t think for a second we paid 3m in January and not even sure they were buluts choices) then I think Bulut has enough to keep us safely away from relegation.
    Bulut is getting away with murder because of this myth. Dalman says we have the 6th highest wage bill in the league. In 12 months time, we’ll have proof in the accounts. Our wage bill is going to be huge compared to last season, and we are extremely close to FFP limits, hence we are spending as much as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bulut is getting away with murder because of this myth. Dalman says we have the 6th highest wage bill in the league. In 12 months time, we’ll have proof in the accounts. Our wage bill is going to be huge compared to last season, and we are extremely close to FFP limits, hence we are spending as much as we can.
    I still can’t believe that sixth highest wage bill in the Championship remark from Dalman, how.could he know that for sure when so many clubs had not even published their 22/23 accounts at the time? What I can believe is that our wage bill has increased by a lot and it may well be enough to begin the job of changing our playing style to a more attractive, and effective, one if our manager was so minded. Let’s not forget as well that it’s been widely reported that Turnbull could end up costing us £2 million in transfer fees (I don’t know about a million for Horvarth, my understanding was he was a free transfer signing).

I voted Bulut should go for no other reason than the prospect of more of the same quality of football as this season fills me with dread.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still can’t believe that sixth highest wage bill in the Championship remark from Dalman, how.could he know that for sure when so many clubs had not even published their 22/23 accounts at the time? What I can believe is that our wage bill has increased by a lot and it may well be enough to begin the job of changing our playing style to a more attractive, and effective, one if our manager was so minded. Let’s not forget as well that it’s been widely reported that Turnbull could end up costing us £2 million in transfer fees (I don’t know about a million for Horvarth, my understanding was he was a free transfer signing).

I voted Bulut should go for no other reason than the prospect of more of the same quality of football as this season fills me with dread.
    The club will have an idea what others are paying. Also it shows that the club are spending an awful lot more on wages than they have in recent seasons regardless of their actual position in the list of wages.

I’m just trying to say, we aren’t doing this on the cheap and that’s the main reason why he should go along with the pedestrian, negative football he’s served up. I have no faith in him signing good players either, some of the “game changers” he’s signed have been anything but.

The club will have an idea what others are paying. Also it shows that the club are spending an awful lot more on wages than they have in recent seasons regardless of their actual position in the list of wages.

I’m just trying to say, we aren’t doing this on the cheap and that’s the main reason why he should go along with the pedestrian, negative football he’s served up. I have no faith in him signing good players either, some of the “game changers” he’s signed have been anything but.
    The club will know for a fact that 8 clubs are receiving parachute payments. There's no way we're spending anything close to the 6 clubs relegated from the PL over the last two seasons. We've been under a transfer embargo and no one we've signed during that time or in the January window is above playing for Cardiff. I don't know why anyone would think we have to pay inflated wages to any player in our squad bar Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The club will know for a fact that 8 clubs are receiving parachute payments. There's no way we're spending anything close to the 6 clubs relegated from the PL over the last two seasons. We've been under a transfer embargo and no one we've signed during that time or in the January window is above playing for Cardiff. I don't know why anyone would think we have to pay inflated wages to any player in our squad bar Ramsey.
    We have about 30 pros on the books. Siopis will be on an absolute wedge, that’s why he’s here. Bulut will be on a wedge, that’s why he’s here. We’ve also got 3 PL players on loan, we will be paying loads for them. It all adds up, and very quickly. It’ll come out in the accounts, and it’ll be a massive increase on last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don’t think Steve Morison would have been able to sign the likes of Ramsey, Grant, Siopis, and maybe even Goutas and Runnarsson (Bowler and Panzo may have been a bit cheaper because Bulut knows the Forest owner apparently) in the summer of 2022. To be fair, we did spend £2 million on Robinson and Etete, but only the former might fall into the same sort of wage payments as the players I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I really don't think we're top half spenders on wages either. Even if we are anywhere near it's not because of OUR wage structure but vecause we've been forced into using the loan market much more than we ever have.

I also did some calculations on another post reguarding our transfer fees and we're actually in profit by a few million since we were relagated from the prem.

For me he has to stay - our recent model of chopping and changing managers recent hasn't worked out well.

I still don’t believe that and I thought he was referencing an article, I don’t see how he can be accurate and know that when like you say others accounts aren’t even out yet

Although it was probably expected wages would increase under the embargo as they tried to get players in when choosing from a tiny percentage of the market.