+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grocery delivery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Grocery delivery

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I mentioned above, you have a van, you can deliver, its easy enough, collect order thats been picked, drive to persons home, drop at doorstep

i could drive to the 3 local towns in 15 mins from both Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys, so no need to chiller vans, one drop per trip, thats a round trip of 30 mins, maybe 20 plus slots per day, 10 other vans doing it, 200 plus deliveries added to the store per day

All well and good, but it's a logistical nightmare doing it your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    All well and good, but it's a logistical nightmare doing it your way.
    it is, but people being sat home doing nothing might like the chance to help
    by all accounts the bottle neck is the delivering not the picking

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it is, but people being sat home doing nothing might like the chance to help
    by all accounts the bottle neck is the delivering not the picking
    But, people showing up every couple of minutes to pick up one person's shopping is going to cause chaos. The fact goods are delivered in a chilled van is probably as much for the supermarket to avoid a food poisoning law suit as anything else.

But, people showing up every couple of minutes to pick up one person's shopping is going to cause chaos. The fact goods are delivered in a chilled van is probably as much for the supermarket to avoid a food poisoning law suit as anything else.
    Exactly, these businesses would have to take out insurances etc, offer some training etc (i know) there are a few issues at hand before people can rock up at a supermarket in their builders van and go about town dropping off a lamb shank and 80 tea bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly, these businesses would have to take out insurances etc, offer some training etc (i know) there are a few issues at hand before people can rock up at a supermarket in their builders van and go about town dropping off a lamb shank and 80 tea bags.
    How could they track who was delivering what? Mrs Morris calls up "I haven't had my delivery" - Mr Sainsbury is like "Was that Matt, or John, or Fred?" Mrs Smith calls up "I didn't get my bottle of whiskey". I appreciate people trying to help, but it's really a case of too many cooks.

How could they track who was delivering what? Mrs Morris calls up "I haven't had my delivery" - Mr Sainsbury is like "Was that Matt, or John, or Fred?" Mrs Smith calls up "I didn't get my bottle of whiskey". I appreciate people trying to help, but it's really a case of too many cooks.
    And the liabilities that the supermarkets would have to underwrite. It's a nice idea but open to some serious **** ups which could end up with a food poisoning epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And the liabilities that the supermarkets would have to underwrite. It's a nice idea but open to some serious **** ups which could end up with a food poisoning epidemic
    Or a gang of miscreants robbing elderly folk - or asking for extra delivery money. Yep, I think the supermarkets probably have a better idea than us on how this works.