+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City - I hope the club put Premiership survival before football 'austerity..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City - I hope the club put Premiership survival before football 'austerity..

Premiership survival is not guaranteed by spending millions. Every team that got promoted last season stayed up. Teams that spent big went down. There is very little correlation between the two in my opinion.

Re: City - I hope the club put Premiership survival before football 'austerity..

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Premiership survival is not guaranteed by spending millions. Every team that got promoted last season stayed up. Teams that spent big went down. There is very little correlation between the two in my opinion.
    According to transfermakt, Huddersfield spent around £50m last season, Newcastle spent around £35m and Brighton spent around £55m

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Every side in the Prem spent more than 10m last season on one player. I'd much rather we spent that money on someone from the Championship, that is hungry and wants to do well but the truth is, it's going to be very, very tough if we don't strengthen significantly.