Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
How is this evidence of meddling in our election?? The ft dig for information from sources at the eu, they receive it and publish it. So what?

Where have I said that they are meddling in our election?

So you don't think May throwing her toys out of the pram yesterday was playing games too?

You will see further up the thread my views on this in that I think that Juncker may have played right into May's hands & I have suggested that Lynton Crosby may have played a role in this strategy. Apparently Juncker has a reputation of liking alcohol a bit too much so maybe they opened their best bottle of port & have played him like a banjo

The EU have sat there listening to a load of rubbish spouted from the leave campaign for a year about how the eu needs us more than we need them, this has stance has now been adopted by May and her government. It is hardly surprising that Juncker is sticking the boot in where he can.

Where has this stance been adopted by May as I don't recall her ever saying the EU needs us more than we need them?

Idiots like Johnson & Farage have been making stupid comments as I have acknowledged within this thread, that does not excuse what Juncker & his chums have done though as two wrongs do not make a right. Why did they attack May as opposed to the likes of Johnson & Farage as before yesterday she has been very respectful towards the EU (including Juncker)? At the end of the day Juncker should remember that the UK tax payer helps to fund his inflated salary package (over double what our PM earns) & as an unelected bureaucrat maybe he should show a bit more respect to democratically elected senior politicians from this country. In short he has no business sticking the boot in as you put it.

I would be interested to know how you think May should have responded this week?

You may not want it to be 'us and them'. But you appear to have gobbled up every word that May said yesterday as gospel. Evil evil EU eh?
I think it is incredibly rich you saying that when you appear to have taken a such polarised view yourself, noting that your stance appears to be very much anti-May, so have you gobbled up all that the EU have been saying or are you just letting your political leanings cloud your judgement here? For your information I have gobbled up nothing, I am just trying to put a balanced view across which some may disagree with but that's life. As I said I voted remain but that doesn't mean that I blindly support everything that the EU has done & this weeks unfortunate exchanges are a good example of how some of the less scrupulous members of the EU operate.