+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NW and the quest for promotion.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NW and the quest for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Neil Warnock deals with expectation. He's always come across to me as a manager who is more comfortable being the underdog, when the chips are against him, a "Them against us" kind of mentality. He won't be able to tell us how much the opposing club's striker cost or how much worth of talent the other team had on the bench, that won't cut anymore.
    I think he knows how to handle the championship. We were 13th favourites last time so maybe easier for him in his underdog mask he loves.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think he knows how to handle the championship. We were 13th favourites last time so maybe easier for him in his underdog mask he loves.
    Which is my point: there will be no underdog mask to wear this time around. When was the last time Warnock was in charge of a team with expectations placed upon it?

Which is my point: there will be no underdog mask to wear this time around. When was the last time Warnock was in charge of a team with expectations placed upon it?
    Leeds I'd say and that hardly went well did it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leeds I'd say and that hardly went well did it.
    As a football club, there will always be great expectation placed upon any manager of Leeds United, it goes with the territory, regardless of how good or bad their squad might be.
    I decided to Google to find out what the strength of the squad was that Neil Warnock had at Leeds at that time. I came across this:-

...."The football itself was horrible. Turgid, slow, overly aggressive and physical to the point of detriment when it came to indiscipline. The pace and verticality that once came with the likes of Max Gradel and Robert Snodgrass had long departed the club with them. Michael Brown was the best characterisation of the biggest team of cloggers in Leeds United history, already at the club, and waiting in wings for Warnock. Together they formed the most nauseating manager-player love affair in football, making the Sam Allardyce & Kevin Nolan axis look as cultured as Mourinho & Carvalho at their peak. Nothing says more about the man’s time in charge than failing to play a young Ross Barkley on loan and opting for “Browneh” instead."

Has a familiar ring to it.

As a football club, there will always be great expectation placed upon any manager of Leeds United, it goes with the territory, regardless of how good or bad their squad might be.
    I decided to Google to find out what the strength of the squad was that Neil Warnock had at Leeds at that time. I came across this:-

...."The football itself was horrible. Turgid, slow, overly aggressive and physical to the point of detriment when it came to indiscipline. The pace and verticality that once came with the likes of Max Gradel and Robert Snodgrass had long departed the club with them. Michael Brown was the best characterisation of the biggest team of cloggers in Leeds United history, already at the club, and waiting in wings for Warnock. Together they formed the most nauseating manager-player love affair in football, making the Sam Allardyce & Kevin Nolan axis look as cultured as Mourinho & Carvalho at their peak. Nothing says more about the man’s time in charge than failing to play a young Ross Barkley on loan and opting for “Browneh” instead."

Ya, but, along with the rest of us, Neil “hated Weeds”

Has the ring of a disgruntled Leeds fan. What's the source?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Sour grapes, by the sound of it (is there a sour grapes sauce ???)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    https://throughitalltogether.sbnatio...le-the-era-was

As I thought.