+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    As much as he broke my heart the **** he would be a good signing but has he got the legs that Warnock seems to like in a midfielder
    has he fvck the fat unfit.****

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if Leicester bring in a new striker they will let Kelechi Iheanacho go, possibly on loan?

Doesn't seem to be getting much of a chance there, but his stats are still good.
    **** stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s like you haven’t watched him since that goal against arsenal. He’s a very good player and is wanted by both Manchester clubs.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...cks-danny-rose

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ma...ttenham-108870
    Davies has played more games when both are fit this season and played better.

Man Yoo interest has been known going back a year. That's not in dispute, hence his pathetic interview to try to force a move.

Man City's interest is evidenced by an Irish article a year ago claiming they and Man Yoo were both after Walker and Rose, no other credible evidence.

I've no doubt he'll go to play for Mourinho - and almost certainly this summer.

Blue in the Face

Linked to this guy in jan. Now a free agent I think

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...claim-14093170

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s like you haven’t watched him since that goal against arsenal. He’s a very good player and is wanted by both Manchester clubs.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...cks-danny-rose

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ma...ttenham-108870
    One link is a year old and the other is just about man u

Blue in the Face

I think this lot are freebies...

Facundo Ferreyra - This guy might be a hard to get because of a work permit. But when I've seen him he's looked good. Big no.9. Also according to transkermarkt, the entire Shatkar Donetsk team is out of contract. Some hyped Brazilians there too. Though it might be that they pay insane wages there...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/facund.../spieler/93795

Ki Sung Yueng - Might have been mentioned on this thread but Ki of Swansea is out of contract. I've always loved watching him play since South Korea did really well in an olympic team he captained way back when. I think he has qualities we lack.
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/sung-y.../spieler/81796

Toni Leistner - Seen this guy a few times in the flesh for Union Berlin. It's a shit league, but he may be one of the best players in it. Not sure we'll be in the market for a centre back this summer though...
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/toni.../spieler/86916

Pau Lopez - Also this keeper is meant to be the cats meow...

Shakhtar has always been a.gateway into europe for Brazilians

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Shakhtar has always been a.gateway into europe for Brazilians
    That's true. Bernard, who looked incredible as an u21 and Wellington Nem are freebies now apparently. But I assumed they might be on champions league money. Could be the case for Ferreyra also.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    That's true. Bernard, who looked incredible as an u21 and Wellington Nem are freebies now apparently. But I assumed they might be on champions league money. Could be the case for Ferreyra also.
    I'd agree with that

If we are following the Burnley and Leicester model then it's more likely we take the best player from clubs sized like Ipswich and Hibs rather than some of the names mentioned here.

There's a fella who plays for Genk in Belgium, Sander Berge.
    Young, physical defensive midfielder who can pass and dribble.
    A whole raft of bigger clubs have been linked,think he's rated at about €10m

Might be a bit of a gamble for us, whereas the other clubs mentioned can afford to risk that and bung him in the reserves just in case he turns out to be great, but apparently he's very highly rated.
    Us foot 3 too
    Apparently this guy has been out for most of the season after tearing a muscle, otherwise he would probably already be playing for Sevilla.
    It wouldn't be the first time we've taken a gamble on someone after an injury who we wouldn't otherwise have a chance of signing. (Patterson was practically at West ham when he did his knee)

Don't think he's coming here in a million years, but you never know.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.r..._recover_from/

Here's some video of his recovery training - I would pull at least 5 muscles if I tried any of that

I thought this Fred was about realistic signings?

Who knows what is a realistic signing these days?
    Ok not Danny Rose.

I’m surprised we don’t send some of our younger players out to Tan’s Belgium club to give them some experience?

I know think some need a seperate thread for all their fantasy signings.

We were in for Besic before he went to Everton and id like to see him here next season. Was gonna post earlier in the week but saw him briefly yesterday playing before i lost the stream and he would do a job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I’m surprised we don’t send some of our younger players out to Tan’s Belgium club to give them some experience?
    Yeah that would make sense, they'll get competitive games at least, which is the big complaint with the development football.

Maybe they aren't good enough though, it isn't a bad standard of football.

I know think some need a seperate thread for all their fantasy signings.

We were in for Besic before he went to Everton and id like to see him here next season. Was gonna post earlier in the week but saw him briefly yesterday playing before i lost the stream and he would do a job here.
    Not a bad shout that, how's he done at Boro?

Not a bad shout that, how's he done at Boro?
    Honestly mate? I dont know myself, id be going off second hand info as ive not watched anything of Boro, seen about 20 mins yesterday before my stream pissed me off and i gave up, they were saying hes been decent and helps drag boro forward etc.
    Worth a loan bid or even a.little cash offer imo

Honestly mate? I dont know myself, id be going off second hand info as ive not watched anything of Boro, seen about 20 mins yesterday before my stream pissed me off and i gave up, they were saying hes been decent and helps drag boro forward etc.
    Worth a loan bid or even a.little cash offer imo
    Not sure personally. Thought he looked poor yesterday, made some poor choices at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not sure personally. Thought he looked poor yesterday, made some poor choices at times.
    Only saw about 20 minutes of it before i gave up on my shite stream and went to buy cans. Hes done OK there apparently .

Absolutely this.

We need to be the best version of what we have done to get us this far.
    A muddled halfway house is always a disaster.
    But “what are we”? Are we long ball bonanza who can’t pass, or a a unit who are looking for brake downs and counter attacking football? There is a shitload of good players out there, and outside the UK you can get them at a reasonable price. We need a couple of gems, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    But “what are we”? Are we long ball bonanza who can’t pass, or a a unit who are looking for brake downs and counter attacking football? There is a shitload of good players out there, and outside the UK you can get them at a reasonable price. We need a couple of gems, surely.
    I agree with you Wolff and usually I'd be browsing the foreign market to look for some of these gems, however I don't think we'll be heavily involved in the foreign market this season with Warnock and to be honest I can see why. Our success this season has been based entirely on character and team spirit and there would be a danger that this balance could be upset if we bring in more than 2 or 3 foreign lads..

Of course this is a generalisation but I think it would be safer for Warnock to do what he does best.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree with you Wolff and usually I'd be browsing the foreign market to look for some of these gems, however I don't think we'll be heavily involved in the foreign market this season with Warnock and to be honest I can see why. Our success this season has been based entirely on character and team spirit and there would be a danger that this balance could be upset if we bring in more than 2 or 3 foreign lads..

Of course this is a generalisation but I think it would be safer for Warnock to do what he does best.
    Gabbidon mentioned on the Elis James podcast that in the past Warnock has brought in players on big money which has eroded the team spirit following promotion and that he's aiming not to do that this time, that's why the links with Andre Gray surprises me, I'd expect us to be looking at the Football League & Scotland or our signings

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    I would hope that the latter rather than the former, but to succeed with that we need players who will excel playing our type of game.
    It would be pointless us buying an Alfie Mawson or a languid cultured forward, we need pace and power - that's our schtick

I wonder if Leicester bring in a new striker they will let Kelechi Iheanacho go, possibly on loan?

Doesn't seem to be getting much of a chance there, but his stats are still good.
    OK can't see them letting him go out on loan after that finish earlier