+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just a few observations on how well Warnock has done

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just a few observations on how well Warnock has done

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Some of OGS's and Slade's signings were mind boggling, I can't see NW signing as many duds as they did, do I think he'll do well next season
    Greg Halford is one of the worst signings we've ever made

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Greg Halford is one of the worst signings we've ever made
    Why? He was signed for peanuts (at least I'm pretty sure he was) and is a squad player who covers stacks of positions - I'm not saying this is down to Halford, but our results have been a lot better since signing him. He's done the job he was asked to and will probably play a similar part next season, he's made a good career for himself as a Championship standard player, so I don't see why he should be called one of the worst signings we've ever made.

I agree Paul, add the fact that by his own admission he has been carrying an injury and Halford has been a reasonable low risk purchase, ideal bench option who can help close games out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why? He was signed for peanuts (at least I'm pretty sure he was) and is a squad player who covers stacks of positions - I'm not saying this is down to Halford, but our results have been a lot better since signing him. He's done the job he was asked to and will probably play a similar part next season, he's made a good career for himself as a Championship standard player, so I don't see why he should be called one of the worst signings we've ever made.
    It was reported as a nominal fee and Warnock has repeatedly said he's not spent a penny. He's not great but Warnock has said many times that he likes utility players, he's also been half decent in some games.