+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Olivier Giroud

Olivier Giroud

I don't think you'll see a better taken goal in 2017 than the one he just scored against Palace.

Re: Olivier Giroud

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don't think you'll see a better taken goal in 2017 than the one he just scored against Palace.
    Jammy as feck

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Jammy as feck
    You earn your luck

Wasn't just the finish but great build up play too !
    A top goal

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Wasn't just the finish but great build up play too !
    A top goal
    If the build up play was so great how come the ball into Giroud was behind him?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    If the build up play was so great how come the ball into Giroud was behind him?
    Oh no it wasn't

Ha ha OK fair point that some nice footie before that though

Started it and finished it.

I think "well taken" is pushing it. He tried something and it came off. Good luck to him, but I doubt if he'd be able to do again given the opportunity.

seems vine is still going

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    seems vine is still going

Was a scorpion shot apparently FFS

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Oh no it wasn't
    Oh yes it was

This thread and pundits alike are being hard of Giroud, This was a scorpion kick, a move in its own right. Describing it as a lucky flick of the leg is very harsh. I have coached football and the kids are always throwing themselves around trying to do these scorpion kicks in training, they see them in the fifa games and try to recreate them.

also the nature of the ball into him being behind doesn't take anything away from the goal, football is a reactive sport, if a cross into the box is meant for a players head and he ends of executing a perfect volley, that doesn't take anything away from the skill of the volley does it? neither should it in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    This thread and pundits alike are being hard of Giroud, This was a scorpion kick, a move in its own right. Describing it as a lucky flick of the leg is very harsh. I have coached football and the kids are always throwing themselves around trying to do these scorpion kicks in training, they see them in the fifa games and try to recreate them.

also the nature of the ball into him being behind doesn't take anything away from the goal, football is a reactive sport, if a cross into the box is meant for a players head and he ends of executing a perfect volley, that doesn't take anything away from the skill of the volley does it? neither should it in this case.
    Spot on.

Of course it was well taken, he 100% meant it and pulled it off.

Souness was particularly harsh in commentary the miserable sod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Spot on.

Of course it was well taken, he 100% meant it and pulled it off.

Souness was particularly harsh in commentary the miserable sod.
    He 100% tried to get his foot on it as it was a crap pass to him ,luckily he managed it even more luckily it went towards the goal, even more luckily the keeper messed up and luckily it went in off the bar

As Carragher said afterwards in the studio (right for once imo) , you could say the same about any of the great goals.

The fact of the matter is Giroud executed what he tried. The keeper had no chance, the bar being involved and the pass prior are irrelevant.

He probably couldn't do it again if he tried 100 times I agree, which is what makes it a spectacular well taken goal

Giroud said he was lucky.

Ralls' goal was a worldly then