+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Moyes charged over that slap comment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: David Moyes charged over that slap comment

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Not really sure what you mean.

He even clarifies that he is all for equality. Both sexes will get a slap.
    It's not a difficult concept, why do you think companies have HR departments? If your boss is making what he thinks is great bantz but is actually upsetting and a colleague goes to HR to let them know, it doesn't make the complaint less valid because you didn't do it yourself. Or if you feel that you have too much to lose so grudgingly put up with it, does that make the boss's behaviour ok?

Gender has nothing to do what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not a difficult concept, why do you think companies have HR departments? If your boss is making what he thinks is great bantz but is actually upsetting and a colleague goes to HR to let them know, it doesn't make the complaint less valid because you didn't do it yourself. Or if you feel that you have too much to lose so grudgingly put up with it, does that make the boss's behaviour ok?

Gender has nothing to do what I'm saying.
    It would be like me taking it upon myself to go to HR when someone took someones favourite parking spot.

Gender might not be why you are commenting now but the reason for the coverage is entirely because of gender.

There's not much to argue over. I agree with what you've said. But in this case there was no malice behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It would be like me taking it upon myself to go to HR when someone took someones favourite parking spot.

Gender might not be why you are commenting now but the reason for the coverage is entirely because of gender.

There's not much to argue over. I agree with what you've said. But in this case there was no malice behind it.
    Of course there was, he was trying to intimidate her into asking him nicer questions next time instead of doing her job. He tried to make it in what he thought was a jokey way but there's no question about what his intention.

Maybe this is the first time he's ever tried to influence a reporter, in which case he's very unlucky it was caught on tape. More likely is that he's done it before and the other journos who cover his matches are probably relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Of course there was, he was trying to intimidate her into asking him nicer questions next time instead of doing her job. He tried to make it in what he thought was a jokey way but there's no question about what his intention.

Maybe this is the first time he's ever tried to influence a reporter, in which case he's very unlucky it was caught on tape. More likely is that he's done it before and the other journos who cover his matches are probably relieved.
    Interpret it however you want if it'll prove your point.

Much like managers swearing and pushing officials every ten seconds, trying to influence them.

Do never see reporters line of questioning as an attempt to intimidate?. To make managers collapse under the pressure. They hold nothing back at times.