+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff West

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff West

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What's the deal with this constituency.

Is it safe Labour? I see actor Boyd Clack representing Plaid.

Do I need to tactical vote or is it already a done deal
    It went Tory in their landslide of 1983, but, apart from that, it's always been Labour as far as I know. Neil McEvoy lives in the constituency and Plaid have been fairly strong there in recent elections, but I would have thought it would be pretty safe Labour - especially as Cardiff voted remain in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It went Tory in their landslide of 1983, but, apart from that, it's always been Labour as far as I know. Neil McEvoy lives in the constituency and Plaid have been fairly strong there in recent elections, but I would have thought it would be pretty safe Labour - especially as Cardiff voted remain in 2016.
    Same in the remain area of Cardiff North seat.

I've had loads of Labour leaflets , one Liberal one Plaid , nothing from the Tories .

Last election it saw Boris and JC in the areas and other big hitters , giving speeches etc ,not this time ,unless I missed it ?.

Its as if this is all down to Brexit , the seat is remain it also has a high density of public sector workers,maybe that will reflect on the vote,it was always deemed a marginal ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Same in the remain area of Cardiff North seat.

I've had loads of Labour leaflets , one Liberal one Plaid , nothing from the Tories .

Last election it saw Boris and JC in the areas and other big hitters , giving speeches etc ,not this time ,unless I missed it ?.

Its as if this is all down to Brexit , the seat is remain it also has a high density of public sector workers,maybe that will reflect on the vote,it was always deemed a marginal ??
    Cardiff North and Cardiff West aren't really that similar. Cardiff North is a lot more affluent than Cardiff West and is historically a Tory seat, although it went Labour at the last election I think its projected to go Conservative this time around

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Cardiff North and Cardiff West aren't really that similar. Cardiff North is a lot more affluent than Cardiff West and is historically a Tory seat, although it went Labour at the last election I think its projected to go Conservative this time around
    Nah it will be Labour Anna is liked and appeals Mo Ali may not tick the boxes .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surprisingly I don’t think so. Quite an old population too. North and west stay red.