+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

You never know but perhaps someone will help you one day and not expect to be paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You never know but perhaps someone will help you one day and not expect to be paid for it.
    Welcome to humour. Of course I didn't think that. No one would, surely? Having seen the distress the girl was in when she crashed and the anxiety levels of the boyfriend when I was writing my statement out I can't tell you how nice it was to see them appear at my door full of smiles. It was a kind and thoughtful gesture to come round and thank me, I'm grateful to this day that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Welcome to humour. Of course I didn't think that. No one would, surely? Having seen the distress the girl was in when she crashed and the anxiety levels of the boyfriend when I was writing my statement out I can't tell you how nice it was to see them appear at my door full of smiles. It was a kind and thoughtful gesture to come round and thank me, I'm grateful to this day that they did.
    Sounds awful though. It easily could have ended differently. Did you happen to see the programme the other day after the ITV news? They were basically 60 mph crash testing cars from 20 odd years ago compared to brand new ones. The older ones crumbled into a mess where as the new ones absorbed the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sounds awful though. It easily could have ended differently. Did you happen to see the programme the other day after the ITV news? They were basically 60 mph crash testing cars from 20 odd years ago compared to brand new ones. The older ones crumbled into a mess where as the new ones absorbed the impact.
    I guess this was more evidence that the girl hadn't been speeding, it would have been carnage if she had. I never understood why the vicar's word was being taken as, er, gospel but it seemed to be the case. I also didn't understand why my statement was accepted by the vicar so readily, I could've just been a mate of the girl or her boyfriend, but I never got involved again after giving the lad my statement that day. I assume it would all be dealt with differently these days, the girl shouldn't have had to rely on a massive stroke of luck to get justice back then.