+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adomah...report..

Re: Adomah...report..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    USED TO BE fast, according to the Forest fans who have watched him week-in-week-out.
    How much pace could he have lost in 4 months unless they mean before he signed for them

USED TO BE fast, according to the Forest fans who have watched him week-in-week-out.
    Read the post I quoted.

He said it, I said it sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Read the post I quoted.

He said it, I said it sounds familiar
    I DID read the post that you quoted. I didn't say it was your direct words, did I?
    However, you by saying.. "Fast with no end product. Sounds familiar", suggests that you took what Stavross1927 said as face value.
    I was merely pointing out that he is no longer 'fast'.

I DID read the post that you quoted. I didn't say it was your direct words, did I?
    However, you by saying.. "Fast with no end product. Sounds familiar", suggests that you took what Stavross1927 said as face value.
    I was merely pointing out that he is no longer 'fast'.
    I’ll take the Forest fans at face value and apologise for the mistake - Adomah is no longer fast due to the ageing process and his final ball is inconsistent.

Hope that clears things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I’ll take the Forest fans at face value and apologise for the mistake - Adomah is no longer fast due to the ageing process and his final ball is inconsistent.

No need to apologise, I'm sure you posted in good faith. However, yeah, I'd rather take the words off of those who have seen him week-in-week-out.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    How much pace could he have lost in 4 months unless they mean before he signed for them
    I doubt they meant he was fast when he joined at the beginning of the season and now he's no longer fast.

apparently he doesn't like running due to all his injuries.So he just likes to stay in one position(mostly offside) or walks.

I would be surprised if he has much impact on the first team. He's just here as cover. It would be interesting to see how much of his wages we're paying. Forest are clearly happy to get rid, anything off their wagebill is a bonus rather than pay him off, short term he could be a cheap option. At his age, in his position, he's not likely to get a big move or big wages again.

Spoke to a Bristol City season ticket holder, an ex work colleague, yesterday morning

I asked him about Adomah. "He's great at beating his man with a burst of pace and bit's of trickery, but absolutely diabolical when it actually comes to crossing the ball".

Welcome to the Josh Lowe school of football Adomah! he doesn't sound any better than what we already have. Sounds like a poor replacement for the injured NML

Meanwhile, Brewster scores again.
    We really haven't got a clue (or the ambition).
    What's the point of getting players in as cover for already average players. How about signing someone to IMPROVE the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Spoke to a Bristol City season ticket holder, an ex work colleague, yesterday morning

I asked him about Adomah. "He's great at beating his man with a burst of pace and bit's of trickery, but absolutely diabolical when it actually comes to crossing the ball".

Welcome to the Josh Lowe school of football Adomah! he doesn't sound any better than what we already have. Sounds like a poor replacement for the injured NML
    Was that the Josh Low who ended up in the Division 3 Team of the Season when we won promotion in 2000/01 and even had a short spell with Leicester?

It was at least six and a half years ago when he last did that at Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Meanwhile, Brewster scores again.
    We really haven't got a clue (or the ambition).
    What's the point of getting players in as cover for already average players. How about signing someone to IMPROVE the side.
    Agree with you. It's hugely frustrating that we only look for cover instead of trying to get players in who are recognised as being better than what we already have.

Think he is seen as a reliable level head , back up player who might come in for the last 20 minutes to see the game out ,as his legs are not what they were due to are ?

Apparently he is very likeable player to have around the squad , i suspect it's a very temporary, typical January signing .

Agree with you. It's hugely frustrating that we only look for cover instead of trying to get players in who are recognised as being better than what we already have.
    But isn't that sensible for this time of the year as we know that January signings can be a liability of panic buys , perhaps summer is the time for improvement players ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was that the Josh Low who ended up in the Division 3 Team of the Season when we won promotion in 2000/01 and even had a short spell with Leicester?
    Eric, I can't recall him being in the Division 3 team of the Season? Nor can I ever remember him going on to bigger and better things with Leicester....??

Eric, I can't recall him being in the Division 3 team of the Season? Nor can I ever remember him going on to bigger and better things with Leicester....??
    He didn’t. He was soon back in the lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He didn’t. He was soon back in the lower leagues.
    He made 16 appearances for Leicester when they were in the Championship in 2006/7. I didn't say he moved on to bigger and better things. Not sure why that was re-worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He made 16 appearances for Leicester when they were in the Championship in 2006/7. I didn't say he moved on to bigger and better things. Not sure why that was re-worded.
    My memories of Josh Lowe are of him whizzing past his opponent, and then crossing the ball into Row Z of the Canton Stand. I can't ever recall him crossing the ball that lead to a goal. Maybe, I'm wrong Eric....