+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you've got some time to kill......

If you've got some time to kill......

Listen to this, Andy Johnson, what a loon. Some of the stuff he got up to should've seen him do time......

Re: If you've got some time to kill......

Not got time if you could summarise would be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Not got time if you could summarise would be grateful
    just listen to it in sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    just listen to it in sessions.
    just some guide lines would be nice ?

Just a few hints will do.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    just some guide lines would be nice ?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just a few hints will do.
    Never..

Never..
    Just a feel of the general vibe?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just a feel of the general vibe?
    Seeing as it's you... Drinking, shitting, shagging, sex dolls, fighting, sinking boats, shooting his mate and playing scalextric with two sexy women in a hotel room.

Seeing as it's you... Drinking, shitting, shagging, sex dolls, fighting, sinking boats, shooting his mate and playing scalextric with two sexy women in a hotel room.
    The rest of the time he wasted

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The rest of the time he wasted
    He's a ****ing head case, some funny stuff about bobby gould and the Wales set up.

Very funny , not sure how funny it would have been to be around him but great character with great stories .
    Will listen to the rest tomorrow on my travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Very funny , not sure how funny it would have been to be around him but great character with great stories .
    Will listen to the rest tomorrow on my travels.
    Where are you travelling to?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Where are you travelling to?
    Up to Rugeley to deliver at 6.30 am , collecting in Gloucester for Cardiff delivery. I will be finished by 10.30 am unless I pick something else up..

Both my son and daughter driving for me now .

Jodi is 24 years old and not your average looking truck driver

Rhys has a degree in chemistry .

Up to Rugeley to deliver at 6.30 am , collecting in Gloucester for Cardiff delivery. I will be finished by 10.30 am unless I pick something else up..

Both my son and daughter driving for me now .

Jodi is 24 years old and not your average looking truck driver

Rhys has a degree in chemistry .
    Nice one

The last time I seen Rhys he was still in school. Must have got his brains of his Mam

What truck do you drive?

Nice one

The last time I seen Rhys he was still in school. Must have got his brains of his Mam

What truck do you drive?
    Bought myself a brand new 18 tonne Daf curtainsider all in black , shiny
    Got every conceivable extra , heated AND cooled leather seats , climate control , lane deviation, intelligent cruise control , micro wave , fridge, double bunks , space cab with the biggest engine possible in auto . It is lovely to be fair .
    Poor wee Jodi has my original truck 2007 Daf with the bare necessitys.
    Missing out on dad of the year again.....

Nice one

What truck do you drive?
    You might be right
    He had a first .

Bought myself a brand new 18 tonne Daf curtainsider all in black , shiny
    Got every conceivable extra , heated AND cooled leather seats , climate control , lane deviation, intelligent cruise control , micro wave , fridge, double bunks , space cab with the biggest engine possible in auto . It is lovely to be fair .
    Poor wee Jodi has my original truck 2007 Daf with the bare necessitys.
    Missing out on dad of the year again.....
    I had a brand new DAF for a week on demo. Nice bit of kit fair play. Well anything is an improvement compared to my 05 plate Merc

Thanks mate

He seems to be considered a champion of banter and crazy behaviour but empty vessels making the most noise comes to mind. However, I'm a tad envious that he seems free of any doubt whatsoever and really embraced his life from an early age.

There's an old philosophical question along the lines of would you prefer to be a satisfied pig or a dissatisfied human. Johnson seems the former, and good for him, but what if the humans are dissatisfied cos the pig took a dump in a mug and hid it under the human's bed?

I'm not a fan of practical jokes so if by some miracle I'd become a professional footballer I would've been baffled or deflated most of the time, especially if it involves someone defecating. Is that a footballer thing?

Not sure if this is the right response to a show like this. A couple of interesting anecdotes about Warnock and Bobby Gould though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    He seems to be considered a champion of banter and crazy behaviour but empty vessels making the most noise comes to mind. However, I'm a tad envious that he seems free of any doubt whatsoever and really embraced his life from an early age.

There's an old philosophical question along the lines of would you prefer to be a satisfied pig or a dissatisfied human. Johnson seems the former, and good for him, but what if the humans are dissatisfied cos the pig took a dump in a mug and hid it under the human's bed?

I'm not a fan of practical jokes so if by some miracle I'd become a professional footballer I would've been baffled or deflated most of the time, especially if it involves someone defecating. Is that a footballer thing?

Not sure if this is the right response to a show like this. A couple of interesting anecdotes about Warnock and Bobby Gould though.
    You're right, although it's a good insight to how footballers (not all) and football clubs were not so long ago. This podcast was quite extreme, the johnson is potty, although i have to say that some of his stories are amusing from afar, sort of laughing at, not with.

In other podcasts by the Undr The Cosh team there's a real feel for what went on at football clubs, the extreme bullying, managers who hated players and players who hated managers, how lots of players don't even like football and think that alot of football fans are dick heads, the lack of professionalism that exists at certain clubs etc. If you can get over the 'Banter' and see it as a bit of a coping mechanism for alot of these players in an environment where that type of behaviour is encouraged, then i'd say that this podcast is very insightful for football fans who have an interest in what goes on at clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

If it’s the wrong response , I’m with you . It’s a brilliant analogy you use regards the pig and the human .
    I enjoyed Gascoignes book , but , I am fairly sure he gave a friend a sandwich with shit in it . If that’s funny , I am a China man .
    If any of my friends had done that to me growing up , I would probably be applying for parole around now .
    Craig Bellamy’s book alluded to bad behaviour from his peers , it was a way of life .
    It’s how life was for a lot of us .
    I am sure Andy Johnston is adding a bit of fiction to some of his stories for affect , still an entertaining listen , giving an exaggerated insight to his life as a footballer .
    Regards the comments about footballers thinking fans are dicks , well , that goes without saying , you only have to read this board , or the others available to see that has a truth . My posts included .

You're right, although it's a good insight to how footballers (not all) and football clubs were not so long ago. This podcast was quite extreme, the johnson is potty, although i have to say that some of his stories are amusing from afar, sort of laughing at, not with.

In other podcasts by the Undr The Cosh team there's a real feel for what went on at football clubs, the extreme bullying, managers who hated players and players who hated managers, how lots of players don't even like football and think that alot of football fans are dick heads, the lack of professionalism that exists at certain clubs etc. If you can get over the 'Banter' and see it as a bit of a coping mechanism for alot of these players in an environment where that type of behaviour is encouraged, then i'd say that this podcast is very insightful for football fans who have an interest in what goes on at clubs.
    Fair point, I'll check more of them out. Jon Parkin seems entertaining and grounded enough, even if he did crap in someone's bath.

Cheers for that sounds like a normal City footy lads day out

If it’s the wrong response , I’m with you . It’s a brilliant analogy you use regards the pig and the human .
    I enjoyed Gascoignes book , but , I am fairly sure he gave a friend a sandwich with shit in it . If that’s funny , I am a China man .
    If any of my friends had done that to me growing up , I would probably be applying for parole around now .
    Craig Bellamy’s book alluded to bad behaviour from his peers , it was a way of life .
    It’s how life was for a lot of us .
    I am sure Andy Johnston is adding a bit of fiction to some of his stories for affect , still an entertaining listen , giving an exaggerated insight to his life as a footballer .
    Regards the comments about footballers thinking fans are dicks , well , that goes without saying , you only have to read this board , or the others available to see that has a truth . My posts included .
    I'm not sure he was exaggerating since apparently other players have referred to the same incidents. I sympathise with any players thinking fans are idiots/odd - it's a strange division between us and them considering how intertwined we are. (Actually, as we're talking about podcasts I'd recommend the WSC podcast which is a bit more sedate but has IMO more charm and a healthy awareness that the football world, including those who follow it, is quite odd).