+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nations League thoughts so far

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nations League thoughts so far

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    A trophy mini-tournament for the top group only. "Promotion and relegation" to try and keep the semi meaningless friendlies between sides of a similar standard while not destroying the fixture list with the same fixtures in each edition of the "League".
    You are right though that it gives sides who can't qualify from the qualifiers "proper" another chance at qualifying. Personally I think it will unravel after the quality of the sides coming through from the lower groups have embarrassed themselves at a finals.
    However negatively you want to look at it surely it’s better than friendlies though? These last 2 matches were much more interesting than any friendly I’ve ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    However negatively you want to look at it surely it’s better than friendlies though? These last 2 matches were much more interesting than any friendly I’ve ever watched.
    Yes, probably. IMHO it would be better if they re-designed the qualifiers though to reduce the number of friendly dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yet, I daresay there will be a bigger crowd for the Spain game than there was for the Republic of Ireland match - I don't see the Nations League having a long term future.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yet, I daresay there will be a bigger crowd for the Spain game than there was for the Republic of Ireland match - I don't see the Nations League having a long term future.
    25k is a good crowd for a country our size. The fact we could get 50k for Spain is again impressive.

If you put it into context it would be like England getting an attendance of 1 million people (obviously this is just based on population)

I think the Spain maybe a big mistake after seeing what they did to Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    25k is a good crowd for a country our size. The fact we could get 50k for Spain is again impressive.

If you put it into context it would be like England getting an attendance of 1 million people (obviously this is just based on population)

I think the Spain maybe a big mistake after seeing what they did to Croatia.
    1 million, imagine that. Some ****ers on here would be leaving after 3 minutes to make sure they get away quickly