+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A tough read.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A tough read.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Mckay worked for Nantes; He was being paid 10% of the fee to facilitate the transfer. Mckay also organised the fligh
    Are Nantes not culpable here? An employee of theirs facilitated the flight.

Happy to be challenged here - but thats how i'm seeing things.
    If the flight arrived safely, do you still think we would be wrong to pay the first installment?

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    If the flight arrived safely, do you still think we would be wrong to pay the first installment?
    Eh?

I don't know whether Mark McKay was 'an employee' of Nantes when he organised the flights - I suspect not - but it would make a huge difference to the legal and financial relationship between the clubs if he was.

If the flight arrived safely it would not be an issue for anyone. Obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Eh?

I don't know whether Mark McKay was 'an employee' of Nantes when he organised the flights - I suspect not - but it would make a huge difference to the legal and financial relationship between the clubs if he was.

If the flight arrived safely it would not be an issue for anyone. Obviously!
    So, if the flight arrived safely, we should pay the first installment. Because it didn't, we should withhold it. In both scenarios, we bought the player. Sala was only on that flight because he was our player. I can't see why anyone thinks Nantes should be left out of pocket.