+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Ridsdale - top of the Championship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Peter Ridsdale - top of the Championship

We beat Preston two weeks ago. They were dreadful and spent the entire game time wasting and looking for a draw.
    They really are very ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We beat Preston two weeks ago. They were dreadful and spent the entire game time wasting and looking for a draw.
    They really are very ordinary.
    Not as ordinary as Reading according to the league table.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not as ordinary as Reading according to the league table.

Shrugs shoulders. The season is very young. I can’t see them staying at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Shrugs shoulders. The season is very young. I can’t see them staying at the top.
    Nor me. It would be a genuine miracle if they could considering their budget and how little they've spent in transfer fees. However, they're currently top of the table and the division's top scorers, which isn't very ordinary.

To put their achievements so far into perspective, City paid more than double in transfer fees for Robert Glatzel than Preston paid for their entire squad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nor me. It would be a genuine miracle if they could considering their budget and how little they've spent in transfer fees. However, they're currently top of the table and the division's top scorers, which isn't very ordinary.

To put their achievements so far into perspective, City paid more than double in transfer fees for Robert Glatzel than Preston paid for their entire squad.
    They have done very well on a limited budget but I was baffled by their performance at our place. It was the most negative performance I have seen from an away team in years.
    I don’t see any stand out teams in the Championship this season. I thought Fulham might be but they seem very hit and miss. Maybe West Brom.Possibly Leeds but they also fade towards the end of the season.

I love it. How often do you see Championship teams hammering others in the division? It’s incredibly competitive and especially so this season.