+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pray for Sane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pray for Sane

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I guess it's because Tim has seen him play live more than most and Bennett hasn't shown that kind of temperament in his time here.
    As far as I'm aware, Sergio Aguero had never shown 'that kind of temperament' before he tried to maim David Luiz.

What Bennett has or hasn't done before is irrelevant. On this occasion, he wasn't trying to play the ball. He was attempting to bring down his opponent. His eyes were on the player and his tackle was terrible. It was clearly deliberate in every sense. All this 'mistimed' business is just nonsense.

Re: Pray for Sane

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Sergio Aguero had never shown 'that kind of temperament' before he tried to maim David Luiz.

What Bennett has or hasn't done before is irrelevant. On this occasion, he wasn't trying to play the ball. He was attempting to bring down his opponent. His eyes were on the player and his tackle was terrible. It was clearly deliberate in every sense. All this 'mistimed' business is just nonsense.
    Im pretty sure Aguero had a retrospective red just before the Luiz incident.
    Are you suggesting Bennetts intention was to cause injury?
    He wasnt the only player to deliberately take the man and not the ball in the game. Grujic was hacked down 2nd half by a Man City player.
    The foul was deliberate and reckless. I dont believe for 1 minute Joe Bennett meant to catch him like that and potentially cause serious injury. I was right in front of the incident and in real time I just thought he tripped him, Its only later you realise how bad it was.
    Up to you if you want to join the lynch mob.