+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jesus H. Christ, forget US gun crimes - we must ban knives in the UK now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jesus H. Christ, forget US gun crimes - we must ban knives in the UK now!

Mate, Peter Hitchens has spoken a load of bollocks. I was a Policeman for 14 years and know exactly the protocol and process.

But it’s pointjess arguing with you as you come up with your smug rhetoric.

You can’t educate those who won’t listen. Hichens is talking shite and you’re regurgitating it .

The Daily Mail if it wasn’t so lazy, Lying and eager for cheap publicity could have found out that was proper procedure that was carried out but as ever did their usual printing of bullshit.

Go ask your Police Friends and they’ll tell you all was done correctly.

Re: Jesus H. Christ, forget US gun crimes - we must ban knives in the UK now!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Mate, Peter Hitchens has spoken a load of bollocks. I was a Policeman for 14 years and know exactly the protocol and process.

But it’s pointjess arguing with you as you come up with your smug rhetoric.

You can’t educate those who won’t listen. Hichens is talking shite and you’re regurgitating it .

The Daily Mail if it wasn’t so lazy, Lying and eager for cheap publicity could have found out that was proper procedure that was carried out but as ever did their usual printing of bullshit.

Go ask your Police Friends and they’ll tell you all was done correctly.
    Your post does not make sense.

1. You are saying that even though the police know with a high degree of probability that it was self-defence they still have to change the homeowner with murder. Why can't they just interview him under caution? To charge someone with murder means the police believe he intended to murder the burglar.

If that is the rule then does that rule also apply to all classes. For example, the homeowner had been Baroness Trumpington or any other member of The House of Lords would they have been held overnight and charged with murder? What if it was a member of the Cabinet?

2. If that is the rule in this country then why is there not a similar rule in most other countries. In the USA at the moment they can't believe what we have done to that 78 year old. There is no way he would have been charged with murder. That says something about the different functions of the police here and there - i.e. enforcement of state control verses law and order.

3. You keep going on about the feelings of the family of the burglar. Why is that relevant? Are you suggesting the police charge people with murder just to make some people feel better regardless of whether or not a murder has been committed?

I will ask my policemen friends and I will post further on this.