+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bones were collected from the depths of the Vatican Saturday, the latest effort to solve the mystery of a 15-year-old girl who vanished 36 years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...32&id=64456432

....but they've just found some bones in a graveyard, which isn't entirely surprising. They haven't identified any as belonging to this girl.

Re: Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    ....but they've just found some bones in a graveyard, which isn't entirely surprising. They haven't identified any as belonging to this girl.
    True, but you can't go around digging up random graves without good reason and the proper legal authority. It's also ABC who are reporting it, so it's unlikely to be a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    True, but you can't go around digging up random graves without good reason and the proper legal authority. It's also ABC who are reporting it, so it's unlikely to be a conspiracy theory.

Well I presume that they had a reason to think she might be in there with the other bones,( I think they mentioned a tip off), but 90% of such anonymous information turns out to be bollocks. DNA will be the test of course, but I expect they'll have forensic orthopaedics guy shuffling the bones on his table by now and he'll be able to pick out 36 year old ones from medieval princesses.
    I dare say they'll have a pretty good idea by now but they probably won't publicly announce a positive result immediately cause that'd compromise the investigation.
    Mind you, I don't think that we can jump to the conclusion that it's anything to do with the church just because the remains were concealed there ,( if they were). It's not uncommon for people to dispose of remains in graveyards and such for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well I presume that they had a reason to think she might be in there with the other bones,( I think they mentioned a tip off), but 90% of such anonymous information turns out to be bollocks. DNA will be the test of course, but I expect they'll have forensic orthopaedics guy shuffling the bones on his table by now and he'll be able to pick out 36 year old ones from medieval princesses.
    I dare say they'll have a pretty good idea by now but they probably won't publicly announce a positive result immediately cause that'd compromise the investigation.
    Mind you, I don't think that we can jump to the conclusion that it's anything to do with the church just because the remains were concealed there ,( if they were). It's not uncommon for people to dispose of remains in graveyards and such for obvious reasons.
    The bones were collected from the depths of the Vatican, so some kind internal burial area without public access. It's random or stuff that is alternative.