+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Have Cardiff City fans forgiven Vincent Tan without realising it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This was my thoughts aswell

red was a a necessary evil to keep the club from following Newport, Portsmouth, Wrexham etc etc as it happens, Pompey have found a saviour to push them on again, but plenty of other clubs dont

Yes red wasnt great, but neither was the other option
    The other option being TG running the club without Tan coming on board? Or have you also forgotten about the period between Ridsdale and Tab.

Red was unnecessary, and I am grateful that the episode means I don't get to share a stadium with a group of fickle apologists who put success over tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The other option being TG running the club without Tan coming on board? Or have you also forgotten about the period between Ridsdale and Tab.

that was a very short term solution as i am not sure TG had the money, he would have had to have someone with money behind him

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that was a very short term solution as i am not sure TG had the money, he would have had to have someone with money behind him
    He was paying the bills though, and the wages. And, he had given Mackay enough money to assemble an interesting young team that reached a major final at Wembley. Tony Clemo he was not.