+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Thanks for the link. The Motown Revue must have been on hell of a show. I take it, it was at the Capitol Theatre down on Queen Street, Cardiff?

Earlier this year I read Robert Gordon's excellent book on Muddy Waters: Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters. Well worth reading especially if you are looking to take a book away for a read on holiday.

Lastly, did you ever see the Queen of British Soul, Dusty Springfield, live in concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Thanks for the link. The Motown Revue must have been on hell of a show. I take it, it was at the Capitol Theatre down on Queen Street, Cardiff?
    Earlier this year I read Robert Gordon's excellent book on Muddy Waters: Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters. Well worth reading especially if you are looking to take a book away for a read on holiday.
    Lastly, did you ever see the Queen of British Soul, Dusty Springfield, live in concert?
    Nah I lived in Pompey as a teenager, mush. The Motown package was the last one of the tour. My mate got up on stage and boogied with the Supremes.

Thanks for the Muddy Waters shout. His re-recording of his hits is one of the heaviest blues albums out there:

Afraid I never saw Rusty...

Muddy Waters 'Hard Again', an awesome album. While the rest of the teenage hords around me in '77 were kissing punks septic arse or listening to shite disco, I was listening and enjoying this album. Thanks to my best mate at the time's older brother, who purchased it. Not heard it in full since then. Brings back happy memories of the summer of '77

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Nah I lived in Pompey as a teenager, mush. The Motown package was the last one of the tour. My mate got up on stage and boogied with the Supremes.

Thanks for the Muddy Waters shout. His re-recording of his hits is one of the heaviest blues albums out there:

Afraid I never saw Rusty...