+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 ARSENAL. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 ARSENAL. Match thread

Mixed feelings after that game:

Pros:

Absolutely delighted we competed and gave Arsenal a scare

Pissed off we didn't get at least one point from that game -wasn't expecting that beforehand so I'm treating it as a pro.

Camarasa looks the real deal, and Ward played superbly too

The team as a whole will have gained massive confidence that they can compete at this level against the very best

The crowd were really supportive and appreciative of the efforts that went in from the players. Brilliant to hear it in full flow

Cons:

We were so 'in the game' that I'm really pissed off that we got nothing out of it. It'll take a while for the adrenaline to subside...

For the first time this season I'm going to be critical of NW - he needed to make changes before Arsenal scored their 3rd. We should have been able to see out the game from where we were. Around 70 minutes Ward obviously ran out of energy chasing a ball almost directly in front of Warnock and Hoillet was also clearly knackered. We were 2-2 and had a real chance of getting something out of this game but needed to match Arsenal's fresh legs to compete in midfield. He had to be looking to give fresh impetus around 60 minutes I think. We'd conceded the midfield to Arsenal at this point.

There were 4 good chances to score that simply had to be got on target if nothing else - if we don't learn to make the keeper work from those sort of chances then we're in trouble this season.

Morrison looked really nervous early on - that corner he conceded was really worrying. We need him to believe in himself and not to settle for 'nearly' good enough.

We need a really nasty and tight defence to survive this year. Balance still to be found I think as we were bullied out of things in our penalty area too often for the first time I can remember in some years.

Overall:

A really positive game for us which shows we have what we need to compete in this League. That's the one match the team are allowed to lose but be positive though. We can't become plucky losers and I trust NW and his team won't allow them to become satisfied at this level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Morrison and Bamba awful imo other 9 were brilliant
    They’ve had better games.
    What’s up with Morrison's heading? Two sitters in two games he’s missed.

Deserved a point today.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Pros:

Pissed off we didn't get at least one point from that game -wasn't expecting that beforehand so I'm treating it as a pro.

The team as a whole will have gained massive confidence that they can compete at this level against the very best

The crowd were really supportive and appreciative of the efforts that went in from the players. Brilliant to hear it in full flow

Cons:

We were so 'in the game' that I'm really pissed off that we got nothing out of it. It'll take a while for the adrenaline to subside...

For the first time this season I'm going to be critical of NW - he needed to make changes before Arsenal scored their 3rd. We should have been able to see out the game from where we were. Around 70 minutes Ward obviously ran out of energy chasing a ball almost directly in front of Warnock and Hoillet was also clearly knackered. We were 2-2 and had a real chance of getting something out of this game but needed to match Arsenal's fresh legs to compete in midfield. He had to be looking to give fresh impetus around 60 minutes I think. We'd conceded the midfield to Arsenal at this point.

There were 4 good chances to score that simply had to be got on target if nothing else - if we don't learn to make the keeper work from those sort of chances then we're in trouble this season.

Morrison looked really nervous early on - that corner he conceded was really worrying. We need him to believe in himself and not to settle for 'nearly' good enough.

We need a really nasty and tight defence to survive this year. Balance still to be found I think as we were bullied out of things in our penalty area too often for the first time I can remember in some years.

Overall:

A really positive game for us which shows we have what we need to compete in this League. That's the one match the team are allowed to lose but be positive though. We can't become plucky losers and I trust NW and his team won't allow them to become satisfied at this level of performance.
    Agree with virtually everything said.
    Bam a and Morrison need to learn quickly from that game.
    We now have Chelsea and Man City, who will both score a hatful if we defend like we did today.
    Bennet excellent and Danny Ward proving a front three without Ken has much more flexibility and pace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    They’ve had better games.
    What’s up with Morrison's heading? Two sitters in two games he’s missed.
    His chance at the end was no sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Pros:

Cons:

Overall:

It amazes me you can have a go at Morrison but make no mention of Sol who was directly at fault for two of the goals. A better defender and we would have had at least a point from that game.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you find it impossible to ever say anything positive about the team you say you support ?. How you can criticise anyone in that team today is ridiculous. They gave 100% and deserved at least a point. You spent most of last season moaning about our style of play as well, so its a bit rich stating we should play more like last year. We are trying to play fast attacking football. Get yourself a bigger tv screen and you might get a better view.
    You are ****ing tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    It amazes me you can have a go at Morrison but make no mention of Sol who was directly at fault for two of the goals. A better defender and we would have had at least a point from that game.
    I've read it again and I haven't intended to have a 'go' at Morrison though can see how you have interpreted it that way. It was more an observation that he can't be nervous if we're to compete.

I think our defence have had better days but it's not all down to Bamba or Morrison if we concede.

If we cant defend better than that the we have a real problem. Bamba was switched off for the first and sean has to do a lot better for the second?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Wasn’t it? He buries that in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You are ****ing tripping.
    How can you say they didn’t deserve a point out of that match today?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Wasn’t it? He buries that in the Championship.
    Anyone who has played the game will realise that Morrison's effort was not a sitter.
    There are so many things you have to get just right to score that from anticipation, the angle of the run, timing of the jump, height, awareness of where to put it, and all in a matter of not much more than a second.
    Awareness of the defenders and whether they will challenge or not have to be factored in too and in this case he just didn't get it right.

I think it's fair to say though that last year one would have expected Morrison to score it, the one against Huddersfield too, as he was pretty prolific.

Bobby Reid's (non)header in the first half was a much easier chance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Anyone who has played the game will realise that Morrison's effort was not a sitter.
    There are so many things you have to get just right to score that from anticipation, the angle of the run, timing of the jump, height, awareness of where to put it, and all in a matter of not much more than a second.
    Awareness of the defenders and whether they will challenge or not have to be factored in too and in this case he just didn't get it right.

I think it's fair to say though that last year one would have expected Morrison to score it, the one against Huddersfield too, as he was pretty prolific.

Bobby Reid's (non)header in the first half was a much easier chance IMO.
    Agreed there wasn't much more Morrison could have done with that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How can you say they didn’t deserve a point out of that match today?
    Because they had 29% possession and conceded 3 goals.