+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Biggest let-down in the World Cup.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Biggest let-down in the World Cup.

For team, I'd rank Argentina slightly behind Germany for biggest let down. Player is actually pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    For team, I'd rank Argentina slightly behind Germany for biggest let down. Player is actually pretty hard.
    I thought Argentina were par for the course, Messi aside they aren't very good

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Team who scrapped through into the competition were lucky to progress to the knock-out stages. More of a surprise that they got so close to France than anything.

Germany were a let down, Spain were a let down, Tunisia were a let down (ranked best African team in a tournament where no African team progressed), Brazilian manager was a let down in not tweaking tactics/personal when they had the squad to win the tournament.....

Switzerland as a dark horse for this race? That they couldn't beat Sweden having had such a great unbeaten run going into the tournament and getting a good result against Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Did he play