+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Our insistence on having a blocking midfield as opposed to a championship-paced one has hindered our play all over the field for 5 seasons

I mentioned before that I’m trying to give up Colwill threads, but didn’t he show at times tonight that he can do positive, constructive things on the ball that no one else in first team squad can?

Been critical of Turnbull but thought he was alright when he played. I’d love to see him start there with Colwill as 10. Time to roll the dice with Ashford and Tanner now.

As for Diedhiou, Jesus Christ . He’s very possibly up there with the worst players we’ve signed in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

As for Diedhiou, Jesus Christ . He’s very possibly up there with the worst players we’ve signed in decades.
    What is the sense in playing him ahead of our youngsters at this stage of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I mentioned before that I’m trying to give up Colwill threads, but didn’t he show at times tonight that he can do positive, constructive things on the ball that no one else in first team squad can?
    Maybe I'm warming to him a bit. The goal shows what an influence play like that can have on other players, in this case Bowler. I doubt he would have busted a gut to get on the end of a return pass from Wintle, Ralls or Siopis..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe I'm warming to him a bit. The goal shows what an influence play like that can have on other players, in this case Bowler. I doubt he would have busted a gut to get on the end of a return pass from Wintle, Ralls or Siopis..
    yes having someone driving forward with the ball makes it a lot easier for players to make runs and lose their markers. if the midfield is static then the defence has a far easier job.
    Jordon Mutch did that pretty effectively for us during our promotion season.