+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Expectations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've read plenty of comments on here bizarrely suggesting that players who won automatic promotion 2 years ago are good enough for a promotion bid, especially if we strengthen. If only football was that simple. Every season some players do better than you expect. Every season some do worse. We have no idea what relegation will do to each individual. We were a bit of an unknown quantity 2 years ago, now our tactics and formations will be expected by opposition teams. There's also added pressure of being expected to have a good season and us being a scalp
    I wouldn’t call it bizarre considering the bookies have us as 3rd favourites.

I agree though I think we’ll find it tougher next season and I reckon we might come up a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I wouldn’t call it bizarre considering the bookies have us as 3rd favourites.

I agree though I think we’ll find it tougher next season and I reckon we might come up a bit short.
    Bookies often get this division quite wrong, so I'll stick with bizarre. I'm sure it will be a lot tougher than 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bookies often get this division quite wrong, so I'll stick with bizarre. I'm sure it will be a lot tougher than 2 years ago.
    People always say this though, it's either the weakest division in a while, or the strongest (as it appears now). Personally, it's always a crazy division but the quality is about the same. It's going to be really tough but we've got a side we know can get promoted. That's not saying they will but with smart additions we should be in a position to challenge and I think that's the expectation.