+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

My review of yesterday's Development team game;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My review of yesterday's Development team game;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Excellent write-up, thanks. How did Obi do? Do you see a future for him here or is it still too early to say?

I agree with the last paragraph completely. I'm not convinced it's a great idea to recruit released 20-21 year-olds but I think 'a bad plan is better than no plan' applies here. I'd much rather see the club try something different at that level than let things drift aimlessly on as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Excellent write-up, thanks. How did Obi do? Do you see a future for him here or is it still too early to say?

I agree with the last paragraph completely. I'm not convinced it's a great idea to recruit released 20-21 year-olds but I think 'a bad plan is better than no plan' applies here. I'd much rather see the club try something different at that level than let things drift aimlessly on as they were.
    Putting it brutally, I thought Obi was hopeless when he came on and he didn't improve much in the hour or so he was on the pitch - he was one of the players I had in mind when I talked about forwards being greedy in the second half. This was a disappointment, because I thought he did pretty well against Watford - my understanding is that while Brown and the McKay twins have been given two and a half year contracts, Obi's only goes to the end of this season. I mention Brown and Paul McKay look to be improvements on what we had in my piece and I've not seen enough of Jack McKay (who has been injured for much of his time here) to tell one way or another yet, but, based on what I've seen of Obi, I don't see him as being better than what we had.